No announcement yet.

2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to see a game with the OF of Jose Martinez in RF, Villar in CF, and Dom Smith in LF. C'mon Mets, make it happen!!
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      ETA: They didn't have much speed before, I fantasy aside, it is nice to have a guy on the bench you can plug in when you need to run and manufacture a run in a close game. He will certainly be useful for those runner on 2b extra inning deals. Heck, he could earn his keep just based on that. He did not cost them much. It is a nice addition for the price.
      Dont they have Mallex Smith to be a pinch runner?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I want to see a game with the OF of Jose Martinez in RF, Villar in CF, and Dom Smith in LF. C'mon Mets, make it happen!!
        None of their pitchers want that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          That's right. I got nothing then. They just wanted to screw the Reds, I guess .

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            And Jose Peraza.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              And Jose Peraza.
              I now default to its a Mets move to sign a guy they don't need rather than go get the ones they do. But it doesn't hurt them, and the Lindor/Carrasco deal was huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                At that price, I assume he is to be the super utility guy. Yeah, seems a waste to add him and a poor consolation for all the missed players that could have had. Probably dings some of there guys a little since they will likely rest them a bit more. Specifically I could see McNeil slide over to 3b sometimes and Davis lose ABs. And it certainly hurts Villar's value as I don't see him getting anywhere near full time ABs.

ETA: They didn't have much speed before, I fantasy aside, it is nice to have a guy on the bench you can plug in when you need to run and manufacture a run in a close game. He did not cost them much. It is a nice addition for the price.
                Yeah, I mean if this is what Cohen brings them - spending money for a really good bench - then good for them.

Comment

• The Mets have zero interest in J.D. Davis being their third baseman in 2021 - GM Alderson has all but shouted it from the mountaintops.

Villar has much more experience at 2B (and SS) than 3B - so knowing the Mets, I'd expect them to try Villar at third.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    I want to see a game with the OF of Jose Martinez in RF, Villar in CF, and Dom Smith in LF. C'mon Mets, make it happen!!
                    Salt...in wound...hurts it does!
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Continuing his NL West tour, Jake McGee to the Giants on a two year deal.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Continuing his NL West tour, Jake McGee to the Giants on a two year deal.
                        On a team that doesn't really have a closer. Hmmmm. I'm intrigued. I don't think he starts with the job (Moronta, I think) but maybe he sneaks in some saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          Salt...in wound...hurts it does!
                          LOLOL...but you do have to admit, it would be entertaining.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            On a team that doesn't really have a closer. Hmmmm. I'm intrigued. I don't think he starts with the job (Moronta, I think) but maybe he sneaks in some saves.
                            I would think we have all learned to simply stay away from Gabe Kapler bullpens, no?

First glance, McGee is Tony Watson 1.2. At this time last year Watson was "the guy." and how did he do last year for saves with Gabe?

Comment

• Kintzler to Phils on a one year deal
                              Renato Nunez to Tigers on a one year deal
                              Ryan Braun likely retiring and hopefully being shot out of a cannon into the middle of the Pacific Ocean where he will be eternally tortured by the poor kid who lost his job because of Braun's lies
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Ryan Braun likely retiring and hopefully being shot out of a cannon into the middle of the Pacific Ocean where he will be eternally tortured by the poor kid who lost his job because of Braun's lies
                                This...though maybe not for all eternity.
                                2021 Auction Anatomy
                                2021 Keeper Decisions
                                2020 Auction Anatomy
                                2020 Pre-Auction
                                2015 Auction Anatomy
                                2014 Auction Anatomy
                                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X