2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    For real. It is one thing for a low end team to gamble on Klubot to give fans something to hope for, but if the Yankees are ponying up, they must believe he has something left. I'm happy for him. I loved Klubot and hope he can still get it done to a degree.
    Apparently the Yankees' strength coordinator was the guy working with Klubot on his rehab. So the Yankees should know more than anyone what he's got left in the tank.

Comment

• that, or the strength coordinator just earned a hefty commission from Kluber!

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I guess that 2 months of awful stats wasn't enough to convince the Red Sox what the rest of the league already knows...Perez is terrible.
        The only possible logic I can see for this deal is the Red Sox know they're in for at least another year of irrelevance, so they're signing Perez to soak up innings. He's a worst case scenario for a fantasy manager - since he's terrible AND durable, but after a short season and with little hope, maybe durable is all the Red Sox are looking for.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• 3-team trade:

SD gets Joe Musgrove

PIT gets prospects Hudson Head, Omar Cruz, Drake Fellows & David Bednar

NYM gets Joey Lucchesi

Comment

• Jon Lester signs with the Nats on a 1-yr deal

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              3-team trade:

SD gets Joe Musgrove

PIT gets prospects Hudson Head, Omar Cruz, Drake Fellows & David Bednar

NYM gets Joey Lucchesi
              Interesting deal. I like what Pirates got. Hudson Head has good upside. Musgrove becomes pretty intriguing for 2021, too. He should do well on that team.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-18-2021, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• I love my Padres
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Jon Lester signs with the Nats on a 1-yr deal
                  And still gets $2 mil/year for five years from the Cubs. On Dec. 31. Now that's a way to bring in the New Year.

Comment

• Erasmo Ramirez signs a minor league deal with the Tigers. He's one of three guys I was able to get for a buck in the endgame in my AL only in 2015.

Comment

Interesting deal. I like what Pirates got. Hudson Head has good upside. Musgrove becomes pretty intriguing for 2021, too. He should do well on that team.
                      Sad that the Pirates are already punting on 2022. Musgrove is really good - should help the Padres a lot. He could easily be their 3. I can see this + Kluber to NYY sending Tanaka back to Japan pretty quickly.

Comment

• Blue Jays paid up for Springer. $150 Million--the richest deal in franchise history. Springer and Yates on the same day. Good day for Blue Jay fans.

I am not sure which OFers this moves to DH most of the time. None of them are very good. Teocar seems like he is maybe the worst?

Comment

Blue Jays paid up for Springer. $150 Million--the richest deal in franchise history. Springer and Yates on the same day. Good day for Blue Jay fans.

I am not sure which OFers this moves to DH most of the time. None of them are very good. Teocar seems like he is maybe the worst?
                          Rowdy Tellez was slated for most of the DH playing time. It will be interesting to see if this moves Vlad Jr. back to third (h/t to Jeff Erickson on Twitter) with Tellez grabbing his first baseman's mitt before heading to Dunedin.
                          Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Quintana to the Angels, 1yr $8m

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Sad that the Pirates are already punting on 2022. Musgrove is really good - should help the Padres a lot. He could easily be their 3. I can see this + Kluber to NYY sending Tanaka back to Japan pretty quickly.
                              Manager Derek Shelton is the one who is really getting a raw deal here. He gets the job just in time for a couple of 100 loss seasons in a row. And then, a few years from now, he will probably be told by the front office to take his .335 managerial win percentage somewhere else.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• might be damning with faint praise here, but feels as if maybe they are getting better prospects back than in previous years?

did they hire a minor league guru who can fog a mirror?

the Pirates are in the same state as the 76ers and "Trust The Process" after all.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X