Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Giant Fans who is the odd man out when Panda retuns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Giant Fans who is the odd man out when Panda retuns?

Tejada, Crawford or ?

Local papers speculating tejeda

Comment

baring another injury, it's Tejeda, his AB's are about to drop 75%
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        baring another injury, it's Tejeda, his AB's are about to drop 75%
        You think Crawford plays over Tejada FB? What about when Fontenot returns?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
          You think Crawford plays over Tejada FB? What about when Fontenot returns?
          Yep, Crawford over Tejada, Fontenot subbing around as well defensively......
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

On a related topic- when Belt is ready (supposedly 3 weeks or so), what happens w/ the OF PT? You have Belt/Torres/Schierholz/Rowand/Ross/Burrell- doesn't someone have to go? I know that Belt's recent callup coincided with Darren Ford getting hurt- but does that mean SF was carrying 6 OF's for a while?

Need Giant fans to help me out here. I have a chance to grab Belt tomorrow night- but there are guys available who might not have the upside, but seem to have clearer PT opportunities- guys like Bernadina, Xavier Paul, Parra. What would you do? (NL 10-team, 5X5, need all categories at this point).

Comment

Rotoworld:

Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News writes that the Giants could soon be willing to cut bait with the struggling Miguel Tejada.
              Giants manager Bruce Bochy started Conor Gillespie at third base on Tuesday night against the Nationals, which is just the latest indication of how far he has fallen. Tejada, who signed a one-year, $6 million deal with the Giants over the winter, is batting just .217 over his first 225 plate appearances while his .515 OPS is third-lowest among qualified position players. Brandon Crawford has done a respectable job at shortstop since being called up from Triple-A Fresno, so the Giants could make a decision when Pablo Sandoval returns from the disabled list.

Comment

Tejada is most assuredly the odd man out. They'll keep Fontenot as a UT and for someone "scrappy" for the announcers to talk about. Crawford likely has earned regular playing time until his bat reminds him that he hasn't seen much advanced pitching, and even then, his glove is Gold Glove-caliber and that alone may be enough to keep him up the middle to support that pitching staff, which is the backbone of the team. I wouldn't bet on Belt making much noise this year. He hasn't looked very good at the plate and his defense in the OF is no better than Burrell (although he's younger with a greater chance to improve there). I think the healthy OF for the Giants is: Torres/Ross/Burrell/Schierholtz/Rowand. Huff is entrenched at 1b. That said, the Giants are so hungry for offense that if Belt's bat heats up, he could push Burrell pretty easy, but Belt is only there for his bat, at this point, and so if he's not hitting better than a veteran, he's worthless. Schierholtz' recent good play may have blocked Ford's return to the majors, but I think he's more likely to stick this year than Belt. They have NO speed off the bench, unless it's a Torres off-day with Rowand in center. For a team that plays in so many tight, low-scoring games, they need Ford's late-game speed.

Comment

Bump, any new news?

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                    Bump, any new news?
                    nope, they love Crawford, and Burris is now the "supersub" so it still looks like Tejada is the the odd man out

Comment

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                      X