rebuidling trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuidling trade

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $260 auction budget
    $400 in-season cap
    5 SP / 4 P with no season cap
    keep 6 major / 4 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Murphy $3
    1B - Hosmer $4
    2B - Biggio $13 1st year keeper
    3B - Dozier $17
    SS - Kingery $20
    CI - Chavis $1
    MI - Solak $10
    OF - Trout $43 8th year keeper
    OF - Anderson $8
    OF - Pederson $8 1st year keeper
    OF - Bruce $10
    DH - Tsutsugo $5
    SP - Nola $17 4th year keeper
    SP - Paddack $13 1st year keeper
    SP - Hudson $1
    SP - Manae $15
    SP - Wainwright $5
    P - Nick Anderson $20
    P - Iglesias $11
    P - Kennedy $10
    P - Garrett $5
    P - Singer $1
    IL - Benintendi $16 3rd year keeper
    IL - Bailey $5
    IL - Puk $5
    BN - White $3
    BN - Jesus Sanchez $10
    BN - Riley $9
    BN - Kennedy $10
    BN - Odorizzi $5
    BN - Ray $9
    MN - Lux $10
    MN - Brujan $1
    MN - Nolan Jones $10

I've been offered the following:

Rutschman $10, Yastrzemski $1, Stanek $2, Erik Gonzalez $10, Soria $10, Taylor Rogers $15
    -FOR-
    Brujan, Brian Anderson, Chavis, Nola, Nick Anderson

Bruan is a great keeper at $1, while Nola is a cheap ace at $23. He has Tatis $11, but he's off limits even for Trout. He's also got Mondesi $11, Nimmo $5, Flaherty $11, and Bundy $4 I wouldn't mind getting, but I don't think I have the pieces outside of Trout. Is this a good offer to take? Or should I just wait out the season?

I don't love it. Yaz might actually be good, and maybe Erik Gonzalez suddenly figured things out, but in a 1C league Rutschman $10 isn't nearly as exciting. Rogers is a better keeper than Anderson if you'd consider either of them. I could imagine rolling the dice on Yaz over Nola, but Nola has a lot more history of being exceptional. It's not awful. I think you might be happier removing Rutschman and Brujan (or try just Brujan).
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Pass.

Comment

hard pass

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Pass.
          This. Here's my logic:

Brujan is an incredibly valuable minor league asset at a buck. The Rays like to jack their young players around, but Brujan has the most valuable asset in fantasy baseball right now: blazing speed. I'm not as high on Nola as others, but at $17, he's at a very good price and is a solid #2 fantasy SP on a team, maybe even a 1A. Brian Anderson is a great value at $8. I'd need to get pretty great returns to deal any of these guys.

Up for debate is Chavis. I'm not sold he's more than what you're seeing - he K's too much, walks too little, only has moderate power. He's a particular liability in your BB-K category. I'd be very open to moving him and see if anyone likes him for a buck.

Nick Anderson is a perfect player to deal as a rebuilder - great K ratio, closer, on a good team. And even in a 16-team league, closers can be mined.

I'd pare it down to Chavis and Nick Anderson, and see if that's enough for you to net Yaz. If not, thank him for the offer and move on.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

What is the perceived value of Yaz in relation to Santander, the other OFer we recently discussed as being a break out player? In that discussion, most felt Santander was legit. I think Yas has more regression likely than Santnder, but he has looked awfully good, esp in OBP leagues, which the OP's league is not, I realize.

I was offered Yaz for my Myers and Gausman, but I am gonna pass, because I need the pitching. Responses to DJ reinforce that others don't seem to buy into Yaz totally.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              What is the perceived value of Yaz in relation to Santander, the other OFer we recently discussed as being a break out player? In that discussion, most felt Santander was legit. I think Yas has more regression likely than Santnder, but he has looked awfully good, esp in OBP leagues, which the OP's league is not, I realize.

I was offered Yaz for my Myers and Gausman, but I am gonna pass, because I need the pitching. Responses to DJ reinforce that others don't seem to buy into Yaz totally.
              The Athletic had a good article on Yaz for those of you who are subscribers.

He leads baseball in offensive WAR. He's slugging with two strikes like few have before. And yes, Yastrzemski is a legitimate MVP candidate.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                The Athletic had a good article on Yaz for those of you who are subscribers.

https://theathletic.com/2018712/2020...gue-superstar/
                Thanks. I am, but always forget to go there.

Comment

I believe you used "Gausman" and "Pitching" in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    I believe you used "Gausman" and "Pitching" in the same sentence.
                    Ha, have you looked at him this year? The K rate especially has been next level. Talk is the Yankees want him. And with losing Verlander, Paxton, Kluber, Morton...Gausman has helped me stay on top in Ks.

Comment

Ha, have you looked at him this year? The K rate especially has been next level. Talk is the Yankees want him. And with losing Verlander, Paxton, Kluber, Morton...Gausman has helped me stay on top in Ks.
                      K rate's been very good. His BB:K ratio has also improved a lot. He still has a 4.53 ERA and a mid-1.2s WHIP even with those improvements and pitching in one of the best pitchers parks in the league.

That said, I'm glad he's helped you.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        K rate's been very good. His BB:K ratio has also improved a lot. He still has a 4.53 ERA and a mid-1.2s WHIP even with those improvements and pitching in one of the best pitchers parks in the league.

That said, I'm glad he's helped you.
                        Given who he is, I couldn't have expected more .

Comment

He's offered Rutschman and Mondesi for Nola. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
                            He's offered Rutschman and Mondesi for Nola. Thoughts?
                            The commish in my league just trade Freeman for Mondesi on a cheap deal for the next couple of years. I thought he was nuts, just because of the safer players he could have gotten instead. Mondesi is the sort of player I'd definitely take a flyer on next year--every tool is there but the hit tool, so if he finds his stroke, even a little, you get great speed, pop, and counting stats across the board. Everything but AVG or OBP. That is enticing upside, to be sure. And the real kicker is his defense is good enough that he will keep getting chances to right the ship.

But there is that hit tool, the most important tool. I'd gamble on him in next year's auction, but for $11, as a key piece of a deal...I'd prefer to land a safer commodity.

Comment

I rejected his offer for Nola, but he's now offered Rutschman and Mondesi for Manaea. Is that a better offer?

Comment

Working...
                              X