No announcement yet.

Better Record in 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not familiar with sports betting. When the posted odds, as per that link in this thread, show Orioles, +2000, this means? Bet 1000 get your original 1000 + 2000?

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      I am not familiar with sports betting. When the posted odds, as per that link in this thread, show Orioles, +2000, this means? Bet 1000 get your original 1000 + 2000?
      For a $100 bet, if you bet on the Yankees winning the division and they do, you would win $160. If you bet on the Orioles winning the division and they do, you would win $2000. Does that sound like two teams that will compete for similar records this season? Also, you would have to bet $130 on the Red Sox to win $100 if they succeed.
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Betting lines speak loudly on this topic. But the poll is a simple who wins more games question, I'd love if someone would actually put money on the Orioles against the Yankees. I'd be as confident taking the Yankees in that as I've been since taking Tyson over Douglas!!!
        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

bump.
          I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

While I don't expect the Orioles to make the post-season because their division is just too strong, I think their team as constituted could be a legitimate post-season contender in any other division in baseball, either league.

Comment

Working...
            X