baseball commentators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baseball commentators

watching the DET vs CLE game today. the Detroit guys, i don't know who they were, but they were so awesome. you could tell one of the guys was a pitcher, he literally would predict what the pitcher should do before the pitch and was right every time, it was such a joy to listen to that game. they even had a little bird chirping near the microphone and had to finally address it when it wouldn't fly away. they named it Lucas Giolito i think. i didn't know his middle name is Frost.

i am a bitch i can't stand to listen to Jerry Remy. but this game, there was no bullshit like, Oh this guy is so great; no belaboring life stories. no female commentators hiding in the stands like a where's waldo thing. NOT ONCE! these guys just talked baseball. how the shadows on the field affected the game in the stadium between 4:30 ET- 6:30. and that's important shit. if you got the lead and you have a good bullpen, it's not a good time to play from behind. so yeah, day games on the weekends in CLE. shadows. hitters won't see a good change-up.

btw that guy Aaron Civale, was so calm, cool and collective. the guy never got rattled. at one point the DET color guys were trying to figure out how many times he missed a spot or catcher target pitching. and later with the bases loaded, fielded and threw home or covered first. routine plays but calm and cool.

btw, Carlos Santana fielding 1B is really good! also is it just me or does Carlos have a chance to be really special statistically from the amount of walks he always gets. whats the record for walks in a career or season? i never really noticed his superior walk to strikeout ratio. maybe once or twice but never how prolific.

also, i had a couple ideas about cardboard fans in the stands. i really like the Petco thing in SD with a couple dogs in the stands behind home plate. and the Dodgers idea to have players families in the stands i think.

but then i watch games with no cardboard fans. it's like the movie The Jerk, when he had cardboard people. although there is no need for fake sweat.

and then i had this great idea. why don't we put cardboard fans in the outfield. and when someone hit's one in the face, we can get a free taco, coffee or pizza slice.

if you really think about it, some of the most entertaining moments in baseball was watching fans scramble for the ball after home runs. it happens every game. you could make a whole you tube channel of just fans doing it and probably make money. but i would settle for cardboard ones and free tacos.

Comment

also, so teams that don't have cardboard fans?..they were too messed up to agree on something?

i've seen a couple games so far where they didn't have any. what's up with that? does it mean that such a team is too inept to work it out. so teams without cardboard fans have bad management?

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        also, i had a couple ideas about cardboard fans in the stands. i really like the Petco thing in SD with a couple dogs in the stands behind home plate. and the Dodgers idea to have players families in the stands i think.

but then i watch games with no cardboard fans. it's like the movie The Jerk, when he had cardboard people. although there is no need for fake sweat.

and then i had this great idea. why don't we put cardboard fans in the outfield. and when someone hit's one in the face, we can get a free taco, coffee or pizza slice.

if you really think about it, some of the most entertaining moments in baseball was watching fans scramble for the ball after home runs. it happens every game. you could make a whole you tube channel of just fans doing it and probably make money. but i would settle for cardboard ones and free tacos.

give this dog a taco

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/w...f-mcneils-dog/

Comment

Tigers commentator is Jack Morris who knows a thing or two about pitching :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            As if this baseball season isn’t going to be weird enough. Now, A’s fans can be in two places at once — and can even receive a souvenir baseball for it. Seriously.  While watching from home (as games will be without fans in attendance due to the coronavirus pandemic), fans can submit cutouts of themselves to have at the Coliseum, the A’s announced…
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
              Tigers commentator is Jack Morris who knows a thing or two about pitching :-)
              As good as Jack Morris is, his partner (Matt Shepard) is, hands down, the worst I've ever heard. Just brutal. I told a friend this not an hour ago.
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Working...
              X