Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-only HDID?

AL 5x5, 12 teams, 1-year keepers

Inflation was 18% for hitters and 6% for pitchers (70/30 split). I knew the league would not be on top of this and figured I sholuld buy hitters early. My game plan was 2 big bats, an ace and a closer.
    My first nominaton was GCole who promptly went for $53. I knew things were going to get wild. 2 picks later Trout came up and only went for $51. Bieber 42 Clevinger 41 Greinke 39 Gilioto 29 Snell 36 Berrios 34 Paxton 33 were the next SP to go. With few aces left I got Kluber at 33.

Donaldson and Springer were the 2 studs I wanted. I also landed Soler.

Giles 18 Osuna 26 Hand 26 Chapman 27 were the first closers off the board. I figured things would settle down, but when Rogers came up I overpaid at 29.

Here's my team. Keepers in bold. Doesn't really look like I imagined but I'm pretty happy with it. JBJ, Margot, Kiermaier, Eovaldi, Gibson were guys I got for much lower than expected.

IF CVazquez 1 RPerez 6 RNunez 3 Biggio 2 Donaldson 29 Bichette 6 LeMahieu 11 Moncada 35
    OF Springer 34 Soler 26 JBJ 6 Margot 5 Kiermaier 4 Nola 1
    P Kluber 33 Keuchel 13 Eovaldi 7 Heaney 4 YChirinos 1 Singer 1 Gibson 1 Rogers 29 Bleier 1
    B YAlvarez 2 Arroyo 1 Mountcastle 1 Kiriloff 1 Cishek 1 Bass 1 Bummer 1 Yamaguchi 1

We are starting next year with no keepers so there are no future implications. I have tons of power and am light on speed and probably need a SP. Other thoughts?
    Last edited by virgonomic; 07-26-2020, 01:06 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Made a trade already. Doing it in 2 parts bc I need Nola to qualify at C to have a legal roster.

Donaldson 29 for Snell 37
    Vazquez 1 for Renfroe 12 (once Nola has 4 GP at C).

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Made a trade already. Doing it in 2 parts bc I need Nola to qualify at C to have a legal roster.

Donaldson 29 for Snell 37
      Vazquez 1 for Renfroe 12 (once Nola has 4 GP at C).
      ehhh, careful with a delayed trade like that, it's verging on collusion IMO. I'm not going to give you a hard time personally but that's the type thing that causes problems - really this should be all done at once "once Nola has 4 GP at C".

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        ehhh, careful with a delayed trade like that, it's verging on collusion IMO. I'm not going to give you a hard time personally but that's the type thing that causes problems - really this should be all done at once "once Nola has 4 GP at C".
        I appreciate the heads-up. I didn't think the trade would go through for a week, but P2 starts today in CBS. To simplify things, I reversed the Nola for Renfroe part. But I will reverse the rest until next week.

What are your thoughts on my team??? And on the trade (once legitimized)?

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          I appreciate the heads-up. I didn't think the trade would go through for a week, but P2 starts today in CBS. To simplify things, I reversed the Nola for Renfroe part. But I will reverse the rest until next week.

What are your thoughts on my team??? And on the trade (once legitimized)?
          Honestly team/trade evaluation is a blur with all the injuries and covid/etc.

Your offense looks great for a 12 team only league.
          Kluber's shoulder is a huge concern.
          I wouldn't trade for Snell, he looks off right now and with such a short season I don't see buying as a good choice.

So I'd be really worried about your SP here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Honestly team/trade evaluation is a blur with all the injuries and covid/etc.

Your offense looks great for a 12 team only league.
            Kluber's shoulder is a huge concern.
            I wouldn't trade for Snell, he looks off right now and with such a short season I don't see buying as a good choice.

So I'd be really worried about your SP here.
            I'm going to ask for Greinke instead of Snell. Kluber out 4 weeks.

Comment

Working...
            X