NL Only: Sad MI...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only: Sad MI...

who do you keep of Wilson Valdez, Angel Sanchez or Aaron Miles? I need all counting stats, especially SB. Free Agent MI are players like Ruben Tejeda, Alberto Gonzalez and Chris Nelson
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

That's tough. I don't know how much time Valdez is going to get now that Utley is back up. He is definitely a bench players at this point and I expect he's going to see very little time going forward.

I'm not convinced that Ruben Tejeda is for real. Sure, he's been hot so far but last year he couldn't hit his weight. How long can he keep this up? The good news for him is that given that Wright and Davis are down for a while, he's going to be given plenty of chances to fail. And, if the Mets do trade Reyes he will get the first crack at that job so that is a plus for him.

I don't think Miles is going to help you with any of your counting stats and you're better off taking a chance on Tejeda in my opinion. I have a similar feeling about Sanchez. Houston is a bad team and he's platooning on a bad team. Tejeda at least has a chance at a starting job and for now will get a lot of at bats.

I would not even consider picking up Alberto Gonzalez.

Nelson is an interesting one. I don't know a whole bunch about him. I think in the short term he could see a lot of at bats. How good he's going to do? Who knows.

I think this is really down to Tejeda or, if you feel like taking a real flier, Nelson. None of these are great options but maybe you can get some production out of Tejeda while he's hot. My guess is Nelson will sit on the wire for a while.

Comment

Miles will get a decent amount of PT with Furcal hurt again. I'd keep him.

- Mike
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I own Sanchez and see Tejada play every day.

Nelson is the wildest card - the Rockies change INFs like socks, so he may play a lot or never.
        Sanchez sucks, and I can picture Keppinger and Barmes at 2B-SS with Sanchez in for defense.
        Tejada is only 21, and will play for another month or so.
        Miles, like Carroll, does nothing but Rs. Beyond worthless in 4x4
        Valdez's best play would be vulture Ws
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

It seems to me that if any of us have to have (and we do all the time) this type of discussion, we will need to do a fair amount of gambling. With that in mind, probably Tejada and then Nelson.

I would pass on Miles and Sanchez.

Comment

looks like I am going to need to replace the studly Bill Hall and have the same choice
            Brandon Wood is out there - but man he looks wretched so far

Comment

I lucked into Keppinger for Hall - the rare NL-only upgrade when you lose a guy!
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I like tejeda. He may even luck into Reyes replacement

Comment

I ended up cutting Sanchez, thanks everyone for the input
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I'd look to drop Miles as well - Uribe will be coming back soon so Miles will only get spot starts at 2B/SS and it's doubtful he'll do much with them. Nelson is an interesting guy since he has a great home park, unimpressive players blocking him, and decent prospect pedigree.

Comment

Working...
                    X