Players Diagnosed with COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Well, games are going on, so all this talk of cancelling the season seems so yesterday. If you get it, just move aside for the next man up, and let's go!!!
    I am really curious to see what will happen with the Phillies. They were in contact with people who tested positive, so what now ? I had four Phillies in my lineup, could only realistically bench one of them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Well, games are going on, so all this talk of cancelling the season seems so yesterday. If you get it, just move aside for the next man up, and let's go!!!
      I have to applaud your tenacity. You've been a --the season must go on Virus be damned guy the entire time both here and in RJEL. It's like your going to will the season to happen all by yourself and I hope you're right. I just see it all as a house of cards built on the best of intentions, but predicated on human behavior being at it's best at all times. Watching the first 4 games of the Padres/Diamondbacks I've seen face to face chats at 1st base, high fives all around on multiple occasions, chest bumps etc. After learning what went down in Miami, i can only assume there will be other teams just gutted by this virus for enough time to adversely affect any valid outcome of a season (yes I view this differently than regular in season injuries, unless you can give me a time when 11 members of a team all got hurt at once).

I want you to be right Ed, I'm afraid I will be.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        I want you to be right Ed, I'm afraid I will be.
        Odd, I took Ed's post as complete sarcasm, making both of you on the same "side" of the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Odd, I took Ed's post as complete sarcasm, making both of you on the same "side" of the discussion.
          That'd be the first time you and I ever interpreted something differently...........
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            That'd be the first time you and I ever interpreted something differently...........
            I think your post is now sarcasm which means you don't which means it really is the first time which means Ed.... ahhhhhhh I'm trapped in a death spiral.

Comment

I think your post is now sarcasm which means you don't which means it really is the first time which means Ed.... ahhhhhhh I'm trapped in a death spiral.
              14 Days in quarantine for you!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It does read that way, but Revo has been pretty gung-ho about baseball being played (no shade there, I think we all love the game), so I'm going with GITH's interpration that it is sincere until if/when Revo wants to clarify.

The "is it internet sarcasm game" is a fun game we can keep playing if baseball goes away .

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  The "is it internet sarcasm game" is a fun game we can keep playing if baseball goes away .
                  yeah... right...

Comment

yeah... right...
                    I just loove sarcasm.

Comment

• Has anyone seen a list of the additional Marlins that went on the IL?

It's odd, they announced the first 4, but the following 7 are still unknown?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I just loove sarcasm.
                        Hmm...then I would think you would be better at it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Has anyone seen a list of the additional Marlins that went on the IL?

It's odd, they announced the first 4, but the following 7 are still unknown?
                          Since the Marlins are not going to play a game until at least Wednesday, there is no rush for them to place players on the COVID-19 IL. Once they do, we will hear the names (but few official COVID-19 confirmations per HIPAA rules). If they play on Wednesday, I am assuming that they will field a team with remote camp guys and waiver wire claims. IMHO, it would be completely irresponsible for any 30-man roster players, coaches, or training staff to be let out of quarantine for another 12+ days.

Four more Marlins players with positive tests this morning, taking the total to 15 players and at least 2 staff. We shall see if someone can come up with a way to safely transport these guys from Philadelphia to Miami or if they will have to live in their Philly hotel rooms for a few weeks. No new positive cases for the Phillies, but it is early in the incubation process timeframe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davros View Post
                            Since the Marlins are not going to play a game until at least Wednesday, there is no rush for them to place players on the COVID-19 IL. Once they do, we will hear the names (but few official COVID-19 confirmations per HIPAA rules).
                            The HIPPA rules are definitely there and they tread lightly, but we've been seeing that we find out anyway. And we got news on other players even before games started, so the fact that they aren't playing today doesn't really change it. It's just strange that we were hearing detailed news and then suddenly silence on the names.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Hmm...then I would think you would be better at it?
                              That isn't sarcasm, that is just mean . What has the internet done to you Gregg?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                The HIPPA rules are definitely there and they tread lightly, but we've been seeing that we find out anyway. And we got news on other players even before games started, so the fact that they aren't playing today doesn't really change it. It's just strange that we were hearing detailed news and then suddenly silence on the names.
                                It depends on the player. Player can choose to reveal or not under HIPPA. It is pretty obvious, however, that when a player goes on the IL with "undisclosed" it is Covid or the threat of it (i.e. symptoms that could just be a cold) as all baseball related injuries are reported as that waiver of HIPPA is in the CBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X