Players Diagnosed with COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I read health officials say 3-4 was the number on a team when the team should shut down. Of course, should and will are very different things.
    They're also supposed to refrain from High Fives and other contact celebrations and in both the first two Padre games, there have been quite a bit of both.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I read health officials say 3-4 was the number on a team when the team should shut down. Of course, should and will are very different things.
      The thing with these players, it seems like in most cases they’re either asymptomatic or have a mild case, so I can’t see this happening any longer. Just make sure they’re away from the team.

Comment

well this whole thing might be coming apart ...

[Passan] Eight more players and two coaches with the Miami Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total of cases in recent days to at least 14, sources familiar with the situation tell me and @JesseRogersESPN.
        sheeeeeit ... it only took 3 days ...

edit:
        today's game between the Marlins & Orioles has been cancelled
        today the Yankees are supposed to move into the visitors clubhouse in Philly where the Marlins were the past three days ... how's that gonna go down???
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Hope everyone watched as much baseball as they could this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post

edit:
            today the Yankees are supposed to move into the visitors clubhouse in Philly where the Marlins were the past three days ... how's that gonna go down???
            This is brutal. If it were the Yankees with 12 players testing positive the season might be canceled already. As it is, a couple more outbreaks of this magnitude and they'll have to shut the whole thing down.

I wish I could say I'm shocked, but it seemed quite predictable.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

The bubble format that NBA adopted would have worked imo. But this current situation, such a hit to marlins, I cant see us making it to next weekend. Just sucks, I know there was tremendous efforts made to even have the current 60 game format. But whoever bet the under 10 games option for the bonus payout will be the winner of the great end of the world rotoball pandemic game.

Comment

jeeezuz - the Miami Marlins had more positive covid tests yesterday than Ireland.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

The Marlins could end up winning this division with a .667 winning percentage.

Comment

edit:
                    today's Yanks-Phillies game is now cancelled

Comment

today's Yanks-Phillies game is now cancelled
                      "postponed" - let's be optimists!
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        "postponed" - let's be optimists!
                        That game does have a chance of being made up. Not sure what can be done about the Marlins. Knowing MLB, if the Phillies don't all start testing positive, they'll have the Marlins quarantined for a week and then make them play with minor leaguers and whoever didn't get it from the team. But, yeah, 50/50 chance or higher of the whole thing falling apart and soon.

Comment

jeeezuz - the Miami Marlins had more positive covid tests yesterday than Ireland.
                          11 out of 33 players, including many core players. Are we going to wait 2 weeks for the Marlins to play again, postpone or cancel 20% of their season's games, and their scheduled opponents' games?

Seems like this one outbreak is enough to shut down the season. The odds of getting through 2 months like this seem impossible.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            That game does have a chance of being made up. Not sure what can be done about the Marlins. Knowing MLB, if the Phillies don't all start testing positive, they'll have the Marlins quarantined for a week and then make them play with minor leaguers and whoever didn't get it from the team. But, yeah, 50/50 chance or higher of the whole thing falling apart and soon.
                            How long until they let the Phillies play ? How long until they could test positive ?
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              How long until they let the Phillies play ? How long until they could test positive ?
                              I assume they were all tested Sunday. My guess is that they'll postpone the two games in Philly, and then go play in NYC on Wednesday unless there is an outbreak.

Comment

if this was going to be enough to cancel a season, why did MLB bother having each team with 60-man rosters?

30 active to start the season, and 30 others working out to stay in shape.

this whole effort may have been harebrained from the get-go, sure.

but the Marlins have 49 players left for a 30-man roster (then 28 and 26 next month).
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X