Players Diagnosed with COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

BB-Ref does not have him related to versatile INF-OF Cesar Tovar, another Venezuelan who led 1970 AL in triples and 1971 AL in hits for the Twins.
    Fun Cesar Tovar facts...he was the 2nd player in MLB history to play all 9 positions in a single game. And IIRC, his nickname was Pepe...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Patrick Sandoval - LAA

Comment

Derek Dietrich revealed that he had been battling COVID-19, but has now been added to the Reds 60-man player pool.
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Austin Meadows - TB

Comment

Is there a cumulative list anywhere? in many cases the lingering symptoms can last months
            players with it
            players sitting out

Comment

Puig--FA
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Puig--FA
                They better test his bat.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  Is there a cumulative list anywhere? in many cases the lingering symptoms can last months
                  players with it
                  players sitting out
                  Yeah, this list has gotten too big to keep mental track of. And that is my worry too. It would be really nice if the list sorted those with significant symptoms vs those that had mild or no symptoms, because it is the former list that should be devalued. For those hit hard, this thing can linger for weeks and weeks. It does seem most players have had the mild or no symptom variety, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    They better test his bat.
                    I see what you did there...
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Gregory Polanco - PIT

Comment

a week before season starts, presumably a 2-week delay

glass half full or half empty, from a cold-blooded fantasy standpoint (assuming no major issues and possible rest-of-season immunity)?
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Is COVID regarded as an injury that you can place a player on the IR for?

Comment

Juan Soto
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Juan Soto
                              Biggest name so far, and hours before opening night. Rough. Luckily, he is asymptomatic right now. I thought these cases would go down a lot once players got in the bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Juan Soto
                                This one decimates some teams early chances. 3 weeks is 1/3 of the season.

I own him in 1 league, and that one is likely a dumper now.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X