Lockdown Dynasty Draft Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
    Just a small point - you can't roster minor leaguers on your major league active/reserve if they haven't had an MLB at bat.
    That is correct
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Found a guy I follow on Twitter who just started an industry 15 team 5x5 dynasty startup they are using OBP and SV+H the only difference is they are using QS instead of wins but interesting to see another group do it. They have a link to the google doc tracking picks...

Draft Board The Remix Dynasty League Launch Draft Round,Pick,Overall ,Prospect,Position,Player Name,Team,Selected By,Co-Owner 1,1,1,OF,Ronald Acuņa Jr.,ATL,@fantasyaddict21 ,@coachingish 1,2,2,OF,Juan...

Also a very deep farm system like ours...

The Remix Dynasty League is a 15-team, 5x5 roto league hosted by Fantrax.
      Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, QS, K, ERA, WHIP, SV+H
      Starting lineups: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, UT, UT, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P
      Each roster will consist of 60 total players + prospects. Each team can keep up to 55 players + prospects each offseason. All teams must field a full, active player starting lineup on a weekly basis.
      Yearly entry fee is $50. Purse: 1st- $500, 2nd- $200, 3rd- $50
      Lineups will be locked on a weekly basis. The waiver wire will also process weekly on Sunday nights.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
        Found a guy I follow on Twitter who just started an industry 15 team 5x5 dynasty startup they are using OBP and SV+H the only difference is they are using QS instead of wins but interesting to see another group do it. They have a link to the google doc tracking picks...

Draft Board The Remix Dynasty League Launch Draft Round,Pick,Overall ,Prospect,Position,Player Name,Team,Selected By,Co-Owner 1,1,1,OF,Ronald Acuņa Jr.,ATL,@fantasyaddict21 ,@coachingish 1,2,2,OF,Juan...

Starting lineups: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, UT, UT, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P
        Each roster will consist of 60 total players + prospects. Each team can keep up to 55 players + prospects each offseason. All teams must field a full, active player starting lineup on a weekly basis.
        Lineups will be locked on a weekly basis. The waiver wire will also process weekly on Sunday nights.

15 teams vs 20 makes a pretty big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Over 200 players if my shaky math is right...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Yep for sure, but where does that difference show up? Early on then overall idea should be similar. Just something to follow along roster size, teams, and quality starts will not make it apples to apples.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Over 200 players if my shaky math is right...
              Yep 60 players roster with 15 teams is 900 and we did 20 with 55 for 1100.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post

So my first round pick (#7 overall) went #28 in this league.....

Comment

Originally posted by wombat104 View Post
                  So my first round pick (#7 overall) went #28 in this league.....
                  Vlad slipping to 28 in a 15-team Dynasty league makes me seriously doubt the credibility of the league.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Vlad slipping to 28 in a 15-team Dynasty league makes me seriously doubt the credibility of the league.
                    That was the one that jumped out at me too. The account I follow did luck him to him at 28 and that was the tweet I saw. Overall this group seems to be playing more for the short term than we did.

So late June or July seems to be the first time we can get baseball, anyone want to do another one with maybe a few tweaks or just run it back and get a new draft order Yeah I am bored.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Wander Franco at 42 feels a tad late too

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        That was the one that jumped out at me too. The account I follow did luck him to him at 28 and that was the tweet I saw. Overall this group seems to be playing more for the short term than we did.

So late June or July seems to be the first time we can get baseball, anyone want to do another one with maybe a few tweaks or just run it back and get a new draft order Yeah I am bored.
                        Naw, no interest in doing another one, or certainly not reshuffling the deck on the one we just did, It was exhausting.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Naw, no interest in doing another one, or certainly not reshuffling the deck on the one we just did, It was exhausting.
                          Haha ok, I just know the Vintage Draft is about to end and my mind is running out of things to occupy itself with that I would call productive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Wander Franco at 42 feels a tad late too
                            You are most correct.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              Haha ok, I just know the Vintage Draft is about to end and my mind is running out of things to occupy itself with that I would call productive.
                              Just spitballing here.

How about Dynasty with something like first x rounds (equal to roughly 200+) for minor league affiliated players only. Reshuffle drafting order and then next x rounds for NL players only and final reshuffle and x rounds for AL players only. Anybody unsigned at the start of draft , such as Puig, would be assigned to the last league they played in.

Instead of NL/AL could go pitchers/hitters or even NL Pitchers, NL Hitters, AL Pitchers, AL Hitters. Combined stats for any draft setup format..

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                                Just spitballing here.

How about Dynasty with something like first x rounds (equal to roughly 200+) for minor league affiliated players only. Reshuffle drafting order and then next x rounds for NL players only and final reshuffle and x rounds for AL players only. Anybody unsigned at the start of draft , such as Puig, would be assigned to the last league they played in.

Instead of NL/AL could go pitchers/hitters or even NL Pitchers, NL Hitters, AL Pitchers, AL Hitters. Combined stats for any draft setup format..
                                I am up for anything as far as draft format. Just got time on my hands and enjoyed doing the research for the first one.

Comment

Working...
                                X