Lockdown Dynasty Draft Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a hell of a lot of fun.....
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      This is a hell of a lot of fun.....
      Yup, the varied strategies make it interesting. Some playing for 2020, some playing for 2073.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Yup, the varied strategies make it interesting. Some playing for 2020, some playing for 2073.
        Rick's team should be champion right after the Covid-22 lockdown is over...…….
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If the bulk of your team is just coming up in 2020/2021, and lets say you hit on 50% of them, what's your contention window, 2023/2024?
          I have no clue lol. I took pretty established major leaguers to start. I am filling in a roster around them now while having 5 farm guys who are all close to ready. Outside of Bleday Puk, Whitley, Waters, and Vaugh could all be 2021 contributors in normal circumstances, not sure what this season does to that. I have tried to fill in all my hitting with guys in their mid to late 20's when possible. Pitching I have taken the 28-32 range where I think I got a little discount because they aren't young enough to be drafted earlier.

I still need to fill in the rest of the pitching and get back into building my next tier of prospects that are in the 3-4 year range. I don't know what I am doing but I think I am trying to build tiers into my team by age. So far I don't have anyone over 32 I think. So yes I am hoping to hit on enough of these guys where in 2021/2022 I am competing. RW projections for this year would have me 9th as of now, but that is just giving me a ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
            I have no clue lol. I took pretty established major leaguers to start. I am filling in a roster around them now while having 5 farm guys who are all close to ready. Outside of Bleday Puk, Whitley, Waters, and Vaugh could all be 2021 contributors in normal circumstances, not sure what this season does to that. I have tried to fill in all my hitting with guys in their mid to late 20's when possible. Pitching I have taken the 28-32 range where I think I got a little discount because they aren't young enough to be drafted earlier.

I still need to fill in the rest of the pitching and get back into building my next tier of prospects that are in the 3-4 year range. I don't know what I am doing but I think I am trying to build tiers into my team by age. So far I don't have anyone over 32 I think. So yes I am hoping to hit on enough of these guys where in 2021/2022 I am competing. RW projections for this year would have me 9th as of now, but that is just giving me a ballpark.
            Can you share the RW projections when we're finished?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Can you share the RW projections when we're finished?
              Sure but like any league with a bench and farm they won't be very accurate especially with us doing a second lineup change on Friday each week. I can try to optimize teams as best I can.

Comment

Rick's team should be champion right after the Covid-22 lockdown is over...…….
                Seriously. Round 21 and I have 4 active players on offense, no pitchers, 1 reserve who has TJ and then 16 minor leaguers or so. Oldest player is 26. Sounds about right

Comment

I am seriously impressed with pace. Goes to show all it takes is a world changing pandemic compelling people to stay locked down inside to be able to keep a mega dynasty draft going. Plus keith zapping texts like he is a robot pumping out production of widgets.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                    I am seriously impressed with pace. Goes to show all it takes is a world changing pandemic compelling people to stay locked down inside to be able to keep a mega dynasty draft going. Plus keith zapping texts like he is a robot pumping out production of widgets.
                    @Frae is the man.

Comment

@Frae is the man.
                      I can be very annoying with all these texts, but it does keep us moving.

Comment

Viva La Texts

Comment

Well, I took the win now strategy and I am very curious what happens in a couple years. I think I will be the Pirates.

Comment

It's strange to open the bio on a player and first thing to key in on is his age LOL.. Since I am unavailable during the day I have my queue on autopilot, a good mix of current and future guys, only to return later to have my 20 player queue completely depleted! I guess everyone has the same taste in players. Seems strategy, any strategy is completely out the window. I'm running with the big boys now, holy cow, struggling to keep up! It's just so difficult to predict when and now we'll play baseball again... are those (few) 37 year-olds going to play or retire? You'd think all athletes would be using this time wisely, healing or bulking up, but are they? We face a near impossible task picking a team based on stats from a year ago that may not play out for another whole year... that's a two year gap! But hey, it's great fun, especially for baseball addicts. It's an honour to be in a league of such formidable opponents! Cheers everyone!

Comment

Age is more a commodity in our collective minds now than ever, with these widgets we are collecting, ie, players we are hoarding. For my part, I want to play when the games count. But I dont want to be toast right away. So I made myself a hard cap rule of under age 30, ok I took couple 30 year olds in K Hendricks and P Corbin who I suspect will age well. I have been allowing better players who are in their prime window go because they are age 32,for example, to go for the lesser 28 year old. Is it really buying me a few extra years of relevancy?

What a weird draft but like the prospect hounds are committed to proceed on their path, I want to be relevant in standing next year when we have games but I dont want to be expired fruit 2 years later so, self imposed rules.... But definitely wish I snagged more blue chip farm besides Jo Adell as I am jealous of all these shiney toys going by.

Comment

No worries brother--new toys arrive every year...……..

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X