Bored? - another HDID...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored? - another HDID...

Greetings, folks. Had a draft last week (12 teams - 7th pick) and am looking through the team again for holes, needs, etc. Standard (ancient?) 5x5 scoring with only three bench spots. No backup pitchers at this point due to the short bench, but I don't think that's a big deal. Saves are very light, but I figure that I'll be able to find one or two additional closers during the year, as needed. Also hoping that one or two currently injured guys can make it back by 'Opening Day'. Otherwise, I think it's a pretty well-rounded squad. Thoughts? Thanks and be well, everyone!

Pos Player Rd
    C Omar Narvaez - MIL 25
    1B Josh Bell - PIT 7
    2B Jose Altuve - HOU 3
    SS Jorge Polanco - MIN 12
    3B Rafael Devers - BOS 2
    CI Manny Machado - SD 4
    MI Tim Anderson - CHW 9
    OF Mookie Betts - LAD 1
    OF Marcell Ozuna - ATL 5
    OF Adam Eaton - WSH 14
    OF David Peralta - ARI 15
    OF Trey Mancini - BAL 17
    UT Nomar Mazara - CHW 19
    P Trevor Bauer - CIN 6
    P Frankie Montas - OAK 8
    P David Price - LAD 10
    P Matthew Boyd - DET 11
    P Jose Leclerc - TEX 13
    P Andrew Heaney - LAA 16
    P Will Smith - ATL 18
    P Chris Archer - PIT 20
    P Luke Weaver - ARI 22
    Bench
    2B Cesar Hernandez - CLE 21
    2B Nick Madrigal - CHW 23
    UT Daniel Murphy - COL 24

Offense looks great, you don't really have many holes other than Mancini who I would have avoided due to the cancer surgery.

The pitching.... I like the mid tier guys you picked like Price and Boyd but you are missing a top end. For a 12 team league this staff won't do, you'll need to improve it, possibly through trades from your offense.

Comment

Thanks, Ken. Yeah...I waiting too long to grab an ace and got caught at the end of a top-tier pitching run. Mancini was a shot in the dark...figured he might have some value in the 17th round. If not, I'll just go WW to replace him.

Comment

I think you'll need Madrigal's wheels sooner rather than later - say, you get 50 out of Betts/Anderson, and 30 out of Eaton/Altuve, that still seems short to me in a 12-teamer. Agree with Ken on the pitching; though Montas and Price have strong upside. Like your roll on Mancini - very high risk, but for a 17th rounder, take a chance.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I agree with the others; a bit light on speed (tho Madrigal could change that) and saves, need an ace. I also like Mancini as a late flyer.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
          X