Time for Pavano to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Pavano to go?

I've made some trades and had some people come off the DL, and I need to cut someone.

This is a 17-team mixed, 5x5

I've got plenty of SPs (Haren, Greinke, Hanson, J Chacin, Colon, G Floyd, Leake)

The alternative would be to cut a setup guy (David Hernandez, Eduardo Sanchez or Bobby Parnell)

Pavano's K rate is in the 3s and the Twins aren't exactly winning a lot of games. His xFIP is 4.50 and his GB% is under 50%. I know Parnell hasn't done much yet either but I still have hope.

He's gotta go

Comment

Much as I believe Pavano isn't very good, I'd still cut Parnell first. Mauer is coming around the corner, Morneau is showing some signs of life, and it doesn't seem that either Kubel's or Thome's injuries are serious.

I'm assuming you have a bench/reserve list you can bench Pavano on, too.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Oh yeah, Pavano is usually planted firmly on the bench ... I think I started him once against a bad team and he still got smoked

I'm usually starting 5-6 of my other starters, Street and whatever MRs have the best matchups or chances for saves in a given week. So whoever I keep is mostly speculative.

Comment

I'd definitely keep Pavano over Parnell on a bench slot.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X