RJEL HDID 18 Team 5x5 OBP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL HDID 18 Team 5x5 OBP

I'll keep this one much shorter, because this team was not in a great spot going in and my plan was much less detailed.

So I had a $10 Taillon and a $7 Severion on guaranteed contracts for 2020, that didn't work out so well. Went in down $10 in penalties and down my 2 SP anchors. I did start rebuilding last year and have reoloaded my farm system with some talent, but the major league roster is not in great shape. On top of Taillon and Severion I had a year 1 $3 Canning that I didn't want to keep because of his injury and a $16 Willie Calhoun I planned to keep until he got injured. So short version is nothing has gone well for this team lately.

The league has heavy inflation as I am sure you can see on the other teams posts, I had decided to invest in offense and if I luck into pitching that lets me compete great and if not I'll trade off the hitters for pieces to continue the rebuild. Unlike my other two teams I was not locked into a budget plan, I just knew I would buy one decent SP and then really pour money into hitting.

Keepers marked

C F Meija $2
    1b R Nunez $5 Keeper
    2B K Hiura $6 Keeper
    3B G Urshela $2 Keeper
    SS T Anderson $18 Keeper
    MI R Odor $15
    CI J McNeil $9 Keeper
    OF M Trout $66
    OF JD Martinez $46
    OF A McCutchen $16
    OF A Verdugo $18
    OF M Yastremski $2 Keeper
    UT Nate Lowe $1
    UT Harold Ramirez $1

RSV Ryan Zimmerman $1
    RSV Jason Kipnis $1

P Sean Manaea $1 Keeper
    P D Cease $4 Keeper
    P S Lugo $2 Keeper
    P A Ottavino $4 Keeper
    P K Maeda $21
    P S Alcantara $5
    P J Samardzija $4
    P S Turnbull $1
    P J Arrieta $1

RSV C Green $1
    RSV Jairo Diaz $1
    RSV Yimi Garcia $1

Usable Farm Guys for this year

Brendan McKay, Brendan Rogers, Jorge Mateo

I honestly don't know, I think I did build a pretty good offense in the end. The pitching is risky and I have no clue. I obviously punted saves to invest in hitting. I own Trout and JD so it will at least be fun watching them. Both of them should hold my OBP up so I can take some risks on low OBP guys. Thanks.

Yeah - I think you know this but this is a rebuild year for you and with that you bought really good players. But, you will want to trade early as it will be hard for teams to absorb the high salaries of Trout and JD the later the season goes on. I also really like Maeda but had already bought Hendricks so was out as otherwise I would have pushed you here.

That said, I think personally you'd have been better off buying 1 really good asset at $30 vs. spreading that to Verdugo and Odor. I like Verdugo ok but that price I don't see him as a keeper and with his balanced profile I'm just not sure how much of a trade market there will be but maybe he becomes a secondary piece. Odor I just don't like and think there is a non-zero chance he loses the job. Solak is not good defensively but they will play him somewhere once Calhoun recovers. Closers went cheap imo as I said in other threads so in my rebuilding years I like to buy them as you can trade them easily imo and if you do so early then you don't risk them losing their jobs. Jansen at $22 and Bradley at $15 were good value and would have been nice chips were you to go that direction.

Comment

I'm not as down on Odor as other are, I think in an OBP league, he can produce a profit. He seems to have learned to take a walk, and if he can hit .235, he'll probably be over a .300 OBP. With the power and the steal, that'll play.

I probably wouldn't have kept young Yaz, but I'm also the guy who let a 1 buck Berti go only to see him go for 18 bucks. I agree with Rick, 112 bucks on 2 players is too much, a better spread of 30 buck types would have probably served you better. I can't see a way you can keep Trout, so a deal is probably the best way to go...pitching is OK, but nothing to ride with this season.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

We were in on a lot of the same players--trout was my guy and I was going to 60, just couldn't keep up after that. I agree, you were hit hard right before the season started, you'll have a great opportunity to load up for next year should things not work out on pitching. Gimme a call
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
        X