Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I think you missed my point
    Actually I didn't. You are suggesting that the government take by force (because that is the only way it would ever happen) that which is not theirs and distribute it. I am suggesting that it is no different than if we go take someone else's and split it with them. And neither of those is right or moral.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Actually I didn't. You are suggesting that the government take by force (because that is the only way it would ever happen) that which is not theirs and distribute it. I am suggesting that it is no different than if we go take someone else's and split it with them. And neither of those is right or moral.
      but consigning people to die so you can keep your stuff or to keep the economy going, is--got it.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

No, you are advocating stealing my stuff. My guns are what prevents people from stealing my stuff in the event that the police are not going to get to my house in time to prevent the thieves from stealing my stuff. If someone knocked on my door and asked for money or food, I would give it to them. If they tried to force their way in to take it...then not so much.

In your world of wealth distribution who is it that decides the split?
        If someone really wants your stuff, they'll get it.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If someone really wants your stuff, they'll get it.
          That's a vast oversimplification.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            That's a vast oversimplification.
            Not in today's world, where too many people only care about themselves and guns are easy to get.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

but consigning people to die so you can keep your stuff or to keep the economy going, is--got it.
              What you just said above is not even a thing. I am not consigning people to die. I am actually part of the solution.

You are suggesting the Government force all to give what they dictate is fair. There is nothing fair about that.

Comment

What you just said above is not even a thing. I am not consigning people to die. I am actually part of the solution.

You are suggesting the Government force all to give what they dictate is fair. There is nothing fair about that.
                Did you miss the part of this conversation about making a choice to allow people to die if it meant saving the economy? Apparently so.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Not in today's world, where too many people only care about themselves and guns are easy to get.
                  Maybe where you live they just come in your house with guns and take your stuff at a whim. Not where I live, where the majority of people inside have guns too.

Comment

Maybe where you live they just come in your house with guns and take your stuff at a whim. Not where I live, where the majority of people inside have guns too.
                    I do not, but that's not what I said--I said if people REALLY want your stuff, they'll get it. One guy with a gun, vs--More than one guy with many guns and your stuff is theirs.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I do not, but that's not what I said--I said if people REALLY want your stuff, they'll get it. One guy with a gun, vs--More than one guy with many guns and your stuff is theirs.
                      Somebody has been watching too much of The Walking Dead.

I also wouldn't be one guy with a gun. In my hand gun thread I have mentioned that my wife out shoots me on a regular basis.

We have at least 5 shotguns passed on to me by my Grandfather and Father from my teenage years as a family trap shooting team. Zombies or marauding neighbors would be best to just move on.

I have no illusions that we would have a chance against police or military should they choose to take our stuff. It would be suicide to try to stop them.

I would never be the aggressor and loot or steal from anybody.

Comment

Well, that shatters the picture I had of Gregg being a secret John Wick.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah this is just Hollywood stuff. I'm sure it happens, but it's far, far from the norm.

Comment

And if people wonder how far our society can descend in a long crisis, they can get a clue from where this thread went, lol. But seriously, people, don't worry about the zombies, the virus will get them, too.

Comment

Yeah this is just Hollywood stuff. I'm sure it happens, but it's far, far from the norm.
                              You may be right, but as I described in my Desperation Thread, some folks are already close or there and having lived through the Rodney King Riots, yeah people can indeed get drastic at times.

I hope they won't but if you have a garage full of toilet paper and hand sanitizer--it's your own damn fault.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                                And if people wonder how far our society can descend in a long crisis, they can get a clue from where this thread went, lol. But seriously, people, don't worry about the zombies, the virus will get them, too.
                                The zombies are the result of a virus silly. Didn't you see that great documentary World War Z?

Comment

Working...
                                X