• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    U dont want to know how much a beer will cost
    At least you get more foul balls tho

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Maybe they'll limit attendance to 1 family per section and just increase prices to match
      I wonder how many season ticket holders bailed this year (if they we able to).

Comment

• Apparently MLB & the MLBPA are close on an agreement regarding the contingency plans for this season.

Doubleheaders up to twice a week, and perhaps the season going until December are on the table. MLB is also asking for players to pro-rate their salaries if the season is shortened.

Comment

• I do not understand how baseball will be played in December. Where are they going to play the games set in cities where it is 20 degrees? You can't play baseball in that kind of weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I do not understand how baseball will be played in December. Where are they going to play the games set in cities where it is 20 degrees? You can't play baseball in that kind of weather.
            I mean... you can... in fact it might be sorta entertaining.

Comment

• Baseball in the snow brings an added dimension of excitement.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I do not understand how baseball will be played in December. Where are they going to play the games set in cities where it is 20 degrees? You can't play baseball in that kind of weather.
                California, Florida, Arizona and indoor stadiums.

Comment

• Lots of good talk on MLB Network Radio. Starting the season by July 1, 100 game season, up to 10 double-headers (possibly 7-innings), expanded playoffs, neutral site games in all the domes in November/December.

Never give up hope!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• And how would a positive test from a player on day 1 be handled?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Baseball in the snow brings an added dimension of excitement.
                      when I played a lot of slo-pitch we would have winter tournaments branded sno-pitch ... if there was a lot of snow it became easy to get in the park home runs due to the time taken to find the ball; on icy days, well that added a whole other dimension to hard hit balls in the gap (altho running the bases also had its challenges). good times.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        July 4th
                        Love this one. I hope this is it!

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                          And how would a positive test from a player on day 1 be handled?
                          I have the same question, as well as all those who test positive later. Will players, even ones that have mild symptoms that pass quickly, be quarantined for a full 14 days? If so, I foresee many, many 14 day absences from players this season, if there is a season.

Comment

15 day DL?

Comment

80 games is the standard these days.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• virgo has jokes. season is closed, world shuttered because of covid-19. should be obvious i was talking about positive test for that. normal protocol is if one tests positive they go on 14 day quarantine, along with all others in direct contact. as in 1 player testing positive should shutter a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X