Your Thoughts On My NL-Only Keepers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Thoughts On My NL-Only Keepers?

The format: 10 teams, NL-Only, 4x4 (BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, W, K, Sv), $260 auction budget, 23 active players + 13-man bench, no limit to the number of keepers.

Many easy decisions; I've included comments next to the "undecided's." I can cut up through Opening Day, so I can wait and see on any of these.

========================

Active roster:

Ronald Acuna $12
    Albert Amora $10 - Probably not worth it even if he starts; almost certainly will cut
    Raimel Tapia $2 - Crowded Colorado OF probably means less than full-time playing time
    Michael Taylor $1 - Seems like Washington will never give him a shot

Eric Hosmer $18 - Meh, he's surrounded by a better lineup now, but I can probably do better in the auction
    Eduardo Escobar $4
    David Bote $2 - Playing time is an issue, though multi-position eligibility might make him an OK MI
    Max Muncy $21
    Johan Camargo $2 - Even if he starts, is he just clogging up a roster spot that a better 3B should fill?

Carson Kelly $5 - Was worth it last year, should I expect a repeat?

Sean Newcomb $12 - I like him, but I feel like he might headed back to the bullpen at some point
    Patrick Corbiin $10
    Chris Paddack $4
    Mike Foltynewicz $3
    Dinelson Lamet $1

========================

Reserve roster:

Note: The first salary applies only if they open the season on the major league roster this year; else, they are free this year. The second salary is what they will make next year.

Ke' Bryan Hayes $5/ $10
    Cole Tucker $5/ $10

Daulton Varsho $2/ $5

John Duplantier $2/ $5

========================

Thanks in advance, guys. Much appreciated!
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Cut Amora, Tapia, Taylor, Hosmer, Bote, Camargo and Newcomb. I keep Kelly.

How does your 13-man bench work? Are they part of the auction?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      Cut Amora, Tapia, Taylor, Hosmer, Bote, Camargo and Newcomb. I keep Kelly.
      Your approach is the same as mine - "When in doubt, throw'em out!"

How does your 13-man bench work? Are they part of the auction?
      We do a live auction to fill our 23-man active rosters, followed by a 13-round reserve roster draft. The reserve roster picks get a "d" salary designation, based on the round they were selected. So, last year, I picked Ke' Bryan Hayes in the 6th round of the reserve draft, and his salary designation was/is d6.

What that means for this year is: If he makes the Pirates Opening Day MLB roster, his salary is determined using this table...

d1: $15
      d2-d5: $10
      d6-d9: $5
      d10-d13: $2

... and I have to use him in an active roster spot this year. In this scenario, he becomes a $5 player on my active roster for the 2020 season.

If he does not open the season with the MLB club, his "d" salary designation gets bumped up by 3 positions (to d3), and I have the option to keep him on my reserve roster this year.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

If your deadline was today I would keep Tapia and drop Comargo. By opening day I would keep Comargo also if he wins the job over Riley.

Comment

Sheeeeeeeeep!! How's it going?

I'd cut Hosmer, Newcomb, Camargo, Almora, Taylor, and Tapia in that order. I'd also keep Ke'Bryan Hayes - Pirates have started long-term contract talks with him, so they must be interested in having him start now.

I like Bote at $2. Positional flexibility, and all that stands in front of him at 2B are the corpses of Kipnis and Descalso, I'd think. I really like Kelly in your format for $5.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Hitters: acuna, Escobar, Bote, Muncy, kelly
            Pitchers: paddack, Corbin, Foltynewicz and lamet
            Minors: Hayes and varsho

Comment

Hmmm... something tells me I shouldn't be too quick to cut Tapia. I finally put eyes on him, and, wow, I barely recognized him - 20 extra pounds of muscle packed on, plus he's re-engineered his swing to get rid of the weird timing ticks that frequently left him off-balance in the box. He's been absolutely mashing in ST, while his competitors for the LF job - Hilliard, Desmond, and Hampson - have been tanking pretty badly. Is it unreasonable to think he could win the LF job outright and provide significant value at $2? Worst case, he ends up in an outfield rotation and probably still gets 300+ AB's (or maybe more, if/when David "China" Dahl takes his annual six-week sabbatical). Even in that case, double-digit HR and SB seem plausible to me.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                Hmmm... something tells me I shouldn't be too quick to cut Tapia. I finally put eyes on him, and, wow, I barely recognized him - 20 extra pounds of muscle packed on, plus he's re-engineered his swing to get rid of the weird timing ticks that frequently left him off-balance in the box. He's been absolutely mashing in ST, while his competitors for the LF job - Hilliard, Desmond, and Hampson - have been tanking pretty badly. Is it unreasonable to think he could win the LF job outright and provide significant value at $2? Worst case, he ends up in an outfield rotation and probably still gets 300+ AB's (or maybe more, if/when David "China" Dahl takes his annual six-week sabbatical). Even in that case, double-digit HR and SB seem plausible to me.
                Good information thanks for posting it.

I think in an only auction it doesn't hurt to take a shot for a couple of bucks.

Comment

I would keep Tapia at that price. Agree with the plan to cut those other guys. Bote a tossup but probably cut.

Comment

Working...
                  X