PONY Team Review - Junk Dogz - HDID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PONY Team Review - Junk Dogz - HDID?

15 Team Mixed, $260. Farm of 7 and 10 Reserves (still drafting)
    Here's my team so far. Keepers in bold.

C Kurt Suzuki $5
    C Yadier Molina $4
    1B Yuli Gurriel $8
    2b Cesar Hernandez $8
    SS Yoan Moncada $20
    3b Corey Seager $10
    MI Mauricio Dubon $9
    CI Yandy Diaz $8
    OF Christian Yelich $44
    OF Aaron Judge $20
    OF Franmil Reyes $5
    OF Shogo Akiyama $17
    OF Mike Yastrzemski $9
    UT A.J. Pollock $9

Farm
    Adley Rutschman
    Jazz Chisholm
    Wander Franco
    Jake Fraley
    Jerred Kelenic
    Kristian Robinson
    MacKenzie Gore
    Forrest Whitley

P Shohei Ohtani $35
    P Michael Kopech $5
    P Jose Urquidy $12
    P John Means $6
    P Shun Yamaguchi $1
    P Josh Lindblom $1
    P Hector Neris $5
    P Mark Melancon $3
    P Jose Leclerc $11

RSV Michael King
    RSV Clarke Schmidt
    REV Jonathan Loaisiga
    REV Tsutsugo Yoshi
    REV Marwin Gonzalez

My excessive mancrush on Ohtani forced me to keep him even at this price (beyond my rational control), resulting in me going into the auction with the least amount of money ($105). I know I'll have a few Farm hands coming up (hopefully) soon, so I was up to the challenge

I receive a lot of flack from other owners for my ongoing interest in foreign players, and I receive even more flack for not being able to even closely pronounce their names (and domestic players as well). I obtained Leclerc as insurance. I am not a strong believer that Melancon can hold onto his job, but if so I can always trade Leclerc later. Not knowing who the Yankee's 5th starter is drove me to reserve the 3 strongest candidates.

So, if this was your team, what sort of targets would you make for the remaining 5 reserve picks? I know my team has some positional weakness and sure could use some advice. Thank you in advance!

Your hitting is fine, but do you really need to be picking between the top three possible #5 starters for the Yankees at this point? You have spent a nontrivial amount of money on pitching to end up with one proven starter, and he had a 5.48 xFIP last year. If Lindblom doesn't end up being good you could have three wins and be in an unrecoverable state in W/K by the end of April before any of Ohtani/Kopech/Yamaguchi/Gore even pitch, and what if the Yankees trade for a pitcher? Who's available at SP?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Thanks for the frankness.

Available SP:
      Anibal Sanchez
      Zach Plesac
      Zach Eflin
      Matt Shoemaker
      Wade Miley
      Brett Anderson
      Eric Lauer

Comment

I love Shoemaker. He's been unlucky with injuries but only one was something that would affect his pitching, and he's had good starts the last two years and looks good this spring. You should get him. Plesac's kind of interesting. Is Kim from STL available?
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Yup, I'd go get Shoemaker, Miley, and Plesac if at all possible.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

At the time I liked what you did with your $5-$10 guys, spreading the wealth around a bit. Big fan of the catchers and of Cesar. I'm not 100% convinced the other guys are notably better than dollar days on offense. Like the Urquidy and Leclerc buys a lot. I'm higher on Lindblom than some, but I agree he's a risk. I didn't really get the Yankees pitcher thing with all of those high reserve picks, but then again I don't have any high reserve picks. It's fine to take some shots and drop the guys who don't make the rotation later on. And somehow you still have 3 more high picks in the next 12 or so.

Comment

Yes, Kim is available.
              My thought process regarding the 3 Yankee pitchers I took in my reserves is hoping perhaps 2 of the 3 get a chance to be in the rotation, but which 1 or 2? I had a bunch of early picks, so I thought I'll play it safe by getting all 3. I think King as the best shot of making the rotation, but I really like what I've read about Schmidt. Zack Brittan said Schmidt has the nastiest curveball he's ever seen. Loasisga was insurance. I like all 3 of these Yankee pitchers, and having a bunch of early reserve picks allowed me to scoop all of the up. Even if only one of the plan out, I'll feel my plan was a success.
              As part of my aggressive trading last year, I have 9 reserve picks (of 10) in the first 4 rounds, Another cluster of 4 is coming up soon, and it sounds like I need to target SP.

Comment

Working...
              X