No announcement yet.

2k22 All Free Agent Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snagged Jordan Romano and got sniped on Emilio Pagan last night. Romano is the first guy I spent actual FAAB on. Maybe should have spent on Pagan too instead of leaving him as a $0 bid. Still not loving my offense.

C Jansen
    1B Cron
    2B Lux
    3B Riley
    SS Semien
    OF Winker, Pollock, Schwarber
    UT Dylan Carlson, Jorge Polanco
    BN Kelenic, Hampson, Straw

SP Price, Civale, Cristian Javier, Turnbull, Pineda, Trevor Rogers, Odorizzi
    RP Romano, McGee, Tanner Scott

Comment

People make terrible drops pre-season. Ive gotten quite a few guys including urquidy and eflin, but I am down to 66 faab.

C S. Murphy
      1B Cron
      2B Wong
      3B Segura
      SS Dejong
      OF Pederson, Kepler, Canha
      UT Solak, McMahon
      BN Haniger

SP Ohtani, Civale, Antone, Manaea, Odorizzi, Eovaldi, Urquidy, Eflin
      RP Soria, Wittgren, Romano, T.Scott

Comment

I haven't had the time to get set up ... maybe in the next day or two ...
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I was able to get Romano and Pagan this morning. Spent $3 on Pagan, nothing on Romano. I think I have a rather inactive group of people.

I don't love Straw and Witt (if he's in the minors) as my SS options.

C - Posey
          1B/3B - Pederson, Dozier, Cron, Votto IL
          2B/SS - McMahon, Straw, Witt
          OF - Tavares, Hicks, Peralta, Tapia
          UT - Ohtani

SP - Montgomery, Sheffield, E Hernandez, Odorizzi, Wainwright, Canning, Sale IL, Severino IL, Syndergaard IL
          RP - Pagan, Holland, Bass, Romano, Smith
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

got in a league last night, put in my claims this morning ... no Sale, no Syndergaard available, no Pagan or Scott or Romano or Bass ... this is gonna be some work ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

so here's how it looks ...

C - YMolina
              1B - JVotto
              2B - NMadrigal
              SS - MStraw
              3B - MSano
              OF - LCain, RTapia, KSchwarber
              UT - MKepler, PDeJong

SP - DSmyly, TRogers, YKikuchi, RRay, KHKim, NPearson, MMinor, LSeverino(IL)
              RP - PFairbanks, NWittgren, AReyes, TRainey

I put in a WC on AVaughn this morning.

Comment

I've started streaming starters since moves are unlimited in my league. I lost out on Means Opening Day who probably would have been a hold. Picked up RHill for tomorrow and have claims in for Singer/Pineda for Mon.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

i'm happy with this team and league. every owner is active except one. I've made 44 moves and another owner has made 29 moves already. it's almost like managers are afraid to make moves at first, but after they see you throwing caution to the wind, it looks like fun so they get in on it too. I like having 0 FAAB. it makes it harder and other teams don't mind you as much because they figure they have first shot at a player. I've been agonizing over 2B. had Taylor but Madrigal fascinates me. I have to admit Lux looks pretty good and he's still out there. I wish CWS would move Madrigal up in the batting order. the first day I think he tried to steal a base. I had Hampson but dropped him and was picked up. I was kind of big on Rodgers this year and still am. I think COL is making the right moves. I was able to pickup all 3 MIN SP in Pineda, Happ, Shoemaker. I don't think CLE and KC are going to be pushovers this year but it'll still work, and there's also DET.

for MIN when you have 3 veterans like that for 3rd, 4th, 5th SP, that's a team that did their homework and wants to win. I expect Shoemaker to get injured. MIN should end up with the best record in the AL. not a big fan of Rocco Baldelli yet. he stopped play in MIL to make sure they scored a strike a foul ball when his pitcher Maeda was getting into a groove but it didn't affect him. I don't know why but I live in fear of starting pitchers against MIN. I also have always liked Arraez a lot as a BA guy. glad to see him get playing time.

in 20 years I have never played roto. always played H2H. I think roto is much harder. you have to really know what you are doing in roto. which is perfect for you guys because you do. I punted saves and sort of punted BA. the guy I am playing against already has 11 HR.

I've never had a team of all mashers. I tried to get guys that hit no doubt HR with the ball being changed. yet, I am already down 9 HR after day 4. trying to play the splits with these guys. I am going to lead this league in HR

C - Kiner-Falefa
                  1B/3B - Bell, Pederson, Cron, Donaldson, Riley
                  2B/SS - Madrigal, Baez, Straw
                  OF - Haniger, Kepler, Winker, Schwarber, Taveras

SP Paxton, Pineda, Means, Javier, Smyly, Yarbrough, Gonsolin, Happ, Shoemaker, E Hernandez
                  IL Hyun Kim, Pearson, Syndergaard

Comment

was watching the game Donaldson got injured. as he was rounding first base, you could almost see his brain send the message to his hamstring, 'this could be a double'. and before he took another step his leg said no and he skipped to prevent injury. would there be an over-under in Vegas on how many games he played before going on the IL? and if so, what was the under? bat looks great though.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      was watching the game Donaldson got injured. as he was rounding first base, you could almost see his brain send the message to his hamstring, 'this could be a double'. and before he took another step his leg said no and he skipped to prevent injury. would there be an over-under in Vegas on how many games he played before going on the IL? and if so, what was the under? bat looks great though.
                      yeah he'd be a $50 hitter if the league had a designated runner

Comment

Offense is usually lower in April than other months due to cooler temps, so I don't mind if I'm a little over my projected innings in April if the streaming options look good.

Comment

Madrigal hit 1st last night and went 0-4 with what I think was 4 weak groundballs to the 2B. one time with the bases loaded and no out into a double play. I think he was trying to pull the pitch on the outside of the plate every time instead of going the opposite way and lifting the ball a little. wasn't working the count and 2nd or 3rd pitch the same slider every time. it was like watching a video game. Madrigal at the plate. it's a hit! player hit's weak ground ball to 2B.. double play!

I should've gone with Colin Moran. I wanted to but he's a pirate! but you know eventually he's going to get a shot on your team. that magical year 28 year, or so they say.

I was watching the Braves and WAS and the ATL announcer said pitchers magical year was 32? I don't know about that but when in doubt I choose to listen to the away guys. I think Ryan Zimmerman might be a top 15 player against LHP.

Comment

yesterday during the end of MIN 15 run win, after Shoemaker qualified for the win and was running out of steam I was begging MIN to take him out. but no BP action. it was close. and then DET started hitting. I have nothing against the Tigers. but there was this one guy in the stands you could hear on the microphone yelling, it's not over! over the microphone constantly. and they loaded the bases and cleared them. it was weird watching a team getting taunted by DET. it was a moral victory for the fans.

Happ didn't look that special today. once you start gambling on players in their late 30's. i'd call Happ reliable though. I subscribe to the escape from NY theory. if you can pitch there you can pitch anywhere.

Comment

I kind of like some of the pirates. there's no reason Reynolds can't adjust and hit for .300 and score runs and maybe steal 10 bases. same thing with Newman. why the fuck there's uncertainty about Newman's PA I don't know. .300, runs and maybe 20 SB. runs are the problem. Moran sitting in the 4th spot. RBI's. theoretically. I couldn't figure out which Frazier he was in a split with. the left handed or right handed one. which made no sense to me because why would you platoon two left handed hitters. but then I figured it's the Pirates. and they'll figure it out. it's like when you're drafting and you draft the wrong Will Smith.

2 years ago I was in a league and someone drafted all Pirates. he came in last place. but set his line up every day. the minute someone went on the DL he picked up their unknown replacement. that's also another challenge. picking all the players from one team. back in the day. but just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

Comment

ugh Madrigal stole a base tonight. I guess my love for Colin Moran is going to have to wait. I would assume Madrigal had a good laugh hitting the same pitch for an out 4 times last night. a future batting champion with 60 speed. even if your team is based on strikeout mashers, how can you pass it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X