No announcement yet.

2k22 All Free Agent Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few moves pending, but here's who I'm hoping to have after the first wave.

C Kirk
    1B Lowe Kirilloff
    2B Wong
    3B Donaldson
    SS Cruz Rosario
    OF Benintendi Canha
    SP Severino Gonsolin Pineda Ober Gray Strasburg
    RP Floro Finnegan Wick Giles Estevez Sulser

Yeesh. I was supposed to like my team more drafting this early. Hopefully some guys emerge so I can upgrade. This team looks more vanilla than a McCone.
    Last edited by virgonomic; 02-04-2022, 06:35 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Updated squad. Is anyone else getting in on this?

C Kirk
      1B Votto Lowe
      2B Wong
      3B Donaldson
      SS Rosario Lux
      OF Benintendi Kiriloff Straw Canha Hays
      SP Hendricks Severino Sandoval Gonsolin Ober Strasburg
      RP Floro Finnegan Wick Giles Estevez

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        Updated squad. Is anyone else getting in on this?

C Kirk
        1B Votto Lowe
        2B Wong
        3B Donaldson
        SS Rosario Lux
        OF Benintendi Kiriloff Straw Canha Hays
        SP Hendricks Severino Sandoval Gonsolin Ober Strasburg
        RP Floro Finnegan Wick Giles Estevez
        when does the season start? did you do it too early? auto draft H2H, yahoo. you have to have an active league so you can pickup other teams players they drop. winning isn't the main objective as much as teaching the noobs activity, patience and not to give up on their players when they slump. there's only one way you can lose, if they pickup the up and coming players not on anyone's radar that make the difference at the end of the season. and you have to include FA in your team name. so they don't think you are trolling them. even though you are. heh

Finnegan will be the first guy you drop. if he was 27 years old going on 28 i'd say hmm. but since he's 30..he's a whip whale. putting a runner on when you are closer is a recipe for disaster. how is he with runners on or RISP? that was the mistake I made last year, using all my FAAB on speculative closers. it's good to use all your FAAB. make them try even harder seeing you sit at $0.

Miles Straw, fantasy gold

Comment

• it's competition. it's not like you are a shark. your playing for free. you are teaching them principles. drafts don't matter. your saying, it doesn't matter if you are born into money, or if you are skilled or knowledgeable. the only thing that matters is effort.

did I ever tell anyone my GF was wicked at pool. she used to make me play her in pool for hours. I hated it. every time I tried to quit she called me a weasel. she was great. she played so much she got 'pool back' from leaning over the table so much. she was tall. so one time we goto this pool tournament at Valley Forge. I notice the actor from the movie the Color of Money Grady Seasons. he was an actual pool player. he made it all the way to the finals. she lived in NYC and has her own Paul Newman pool master advising her. he told me Grady Seasons was staked by the mob and pumped with drugs. always makes it to the finals and then crashes. and I think he lost. I don't know, but I was like hey, that guy is famous, when I saw him. when does anyone goto a pool tournament for the first time and see an actor from the Color of Money. and he was talking shit during the game just like in the movie.

you guys are pros. but you have to expose the next generation to your brilliance. it's not about winning. the FA league is the perfect structure to do this.

Comment

• I take a slightly different approach. I prerank by putting the top 275 players on do-not-draft. I say this because I missed a player, Jazz Chisolm. After a couple of weeks, this is what I have.

Adley Rutschman Bal
            Alex Kirilloff
            Jazz Chisholm Jr. Mia
            Bobby Dalbec Bos
            Josh Rojas Ari
            Adolis García Tex
            Andrew Vaughn CWS
            Jo Adell LAA
            Akil Baddoo Det
            Marcell Ozuna Atl

Dylan Cease CWS
            Patrick Sandoval LAA
            Dinelson Lamet SD
            Lucas Sims Cin
            Aaron Ashby Mil
            Joe Ryan Min
            Andrew Kittredge TB
            Josiah Gray Was

Oneil Cruz Pit
            Jonathan Villar NYM
            Ramón Laureano Oak
            Spencer Torkelson Det
            Luis Severino NYY
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              when does the season start? did you do it too early? auto draft H2H, yahoo. you have to have an active league so you can pickup other teams players they drop. winning isn't the main objective as much as teaching the noobs activity, patience and not to give up on their players when they slump. there's only one way you can lose, if they pickup the up and coming players not on anyone's radar that make the difference at the end of the season. and you have to include FA in your team name. so they don't think you are trolling them. even though you are. heh

Finnegan will be the first guy you drop. if he was 27 years old going on 28 i'd say hmm. but since he's 30..he's a whip whale. putting a runner on when you are closer is a recipe for disaster. how is he with runners on or RISP? that was the mistake I made last year, using all my FAAB on speculative closers. it's good to use all your FAAB. make them try even harder seeing you sit at $0.

Miles Straw, fantasy gold
              If you wait too long, the other teams scoop up new closers and young players.

I did it early and have alreasy scooped up dropped KHendricks, Jansen and Kiner-Falefa.

I agree FAAB must be exhausted and I like FA in your team name.
              Last edited by virgonomic; 03-15-2022, 10:29 PM.

Comment

dropped Hendricks
                I feel like winning a league where Hendricks is dropped is like an adult playing t-ball against 5 year olds. Will you win and destroy your competition, sure, but what have you really gained?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I feel like winning a league where Hendricks is dropped is like an adult playing t-ball against 5 year olds. Will you win and destroy your competition, sure, but what have you really gained?
                  Any league openings ? asking for a friend
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    yes lots of them. As many free yahoo leagues as your heart desires!

Comment

I agree. I quit a league that I won in back to back years, because it was too easy and most of the league owners were not engaged. But if that easy league is filled with your friends from high school or college, then crushing them like 5 year olds playing t-ball can be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        I just joined a random Y! league.

And you do realize it's Hendricks, not Hendriks?

Comment

I just joined a random Y! league.
                          Congratulations on your win!

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          And you do realize it's Hendricks, not Hendriks?
                          Ah, no I was referring to Hendriks, my bad.

Comment

If you wait too long, the other teams scoop up new closers and young players.

I did it early and have alreasy scooped up dropped KHendricks, Jansen and Kiner-Falefa.

I agree FAAB must be exhausted and I like FA in your team name.
                            I ended up with Kiner-Falefa at C last year. i offered and the manger countered and threw him in and after i offered him back for free but had I had dropped Posey which he was fixing to pick up. that's another thing, be really fair in trades.

Kiner-Falefa is a winner. that's why when i heard he might be traded to the Yankees. i guess we'll see his diminished fantasy value w/o C eligibility. but in real life, this is a guy that plays his heart out. and you want on every team. i can't believe Texas traded him.

Comment

• you have to pickup all the Hendricks. all your Hendricks belong to us.

Comment

• if you really want to test this theory out, make a auto draft FA private yahoo league, and then see how all of you perform against each other. H2H.

if you think about it, it's the middle between roto and daily. it's not as easy as you think.

I won 2 winners leagues in a row in yahoo once and I was proud of it. another winners league was the only league I ever quit. sadly they stopped doing winners leagues. don't be snobs. yahoo provided a great service. or look at it this way, it's a complement to what you usually do. it's not as easy as you think tho. you guys play too much roto.

Comment

Working...
                                X