Nl keeper list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nl keeper list

Hey guys. Long time since my last post. I had a small stroke last summer and mostly recovered from it. Only in one league this year. 5x5 10 team NL league with up to 10 keepers and 4 farms. Defending champs back-to-back. Players contract are 2nd year unless OPTION (OPT) which means entering last yr of contract and can keep for this season or sign to LT contract. Also we have 8 owners so might draft with 8 or 9 or ten if we can get one or two more owners.

C RAMOS OPT $10
    C SUZUKI $2
    2B DUBON $5
    3B MCMAHON $5
    OF HILLARD $2
    OF SOTO OPT $1
    OF ACUNA OPT $6
    P BUEHLER $13 CONTRACT THROUGH 2021
    P NOLA $22 CONTRACT THROUGH 2020
    P WIL SMITH OPT $1
    P NERIS $3
    P HOUSER $1
    P KINTZLER $1

FARM BART, VICTOR VICTOR MESA, BRYSE WILSON

I'm glad you are recovering! This is a strong team, with some real cheap gems. I don't see a question, but yeah, you have some elite, cheap studs here. You should be able to win this thing again.

Comment

Very nice set of keepers, and glad you have recovered!

I think it comes down to dropping one of Suzuki or Dubon. Houser and Kintzler are drops for me at the moment, altho that could change.

I like Dubon more than I should probably, but he seems set to be a full time starter with lots of position flexibility as the year evolves. I don't think $5 is outrageous for him altho you might well get him for that or less at auction. You could use some speed to go with Acuna and Dubon offers some help there. Hilliard is intriguing and should make the team and given that it's Colorado then it's hard to say no on him.

If you end up with an 8 or even 9 team league then Dubon becomes a drop.

Have to go at least 3 year extensions on Acuna and Soto.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I'm glad you are recovering! This is a strong team, with some real cheap gems. I don't see a question, but yeah, you have some elite, cheap studs here. You should be able to win this thing again.
        I think the question is which 3 to drop. He gets 10 plus his rookies.

Comment

Agree on Houser and Kintzler being the first two. I'd drop Hilliard next, then Dubon, then Suzuki. Hilliard might just bash his way into the lineup in ST, but I think the odds favor him going down to AAA ball. If that changes before your deadline, and he's landed a near-starting role in Colorado, then I'd dump Dubon.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thank for responses so far. If we end up with 8 owners the commishes have decided that we can opt out of LT contracts. While I am keeping Buehler no matter what Nola's contract comes in to play here. Question what is his worth? With no inflation I ran the number and his comes out to $16. In the NL LABR he went for $23. This also hold true for Ramos but not as much - $9 with no inflation and in NL LABR he went for $10. So far I'm leaning toward Houser and Kintzler as the two drops. Maybe Hilliard as I don't know the PT and with Blackmon, Dahl, Desmond, Tapia and throw in Hampson something has to give. Our deadline is Wednesday.

Comment

Given how cheap you have some elite talent, I imagine inflation is such that Nola is definitely someone you want to keep at that price.

Comment

Sorry about the stroke news--a very life-altering condition.
                As I read your rule, it seems you must get rid of 3 players to reach 10 keepers?

C RAMOS OPT $10***************1
                C SUZUKI $2**********************2
                2B DUBON $5********************3
                3B MCMAHON $5
                OF HILLARD $2
                OF SOTO OPT $1
                OF ACUNA OPT $6*********extend as long as you can and still be comfortable
                P BUEHLER $13 CONTRACT THROUGH 2021
                P NOLA $22 CONTRACT THROUGH 2020
                P WIL SMITH OPT $1************no extension
                P NERIS $3
                P HOUSER $1
                P KINTZLER $1

FARM BART, VICTOR VICTOR MESA, BRYSE WILSON
                Bearin' up!

Comment

I'd look at it this way - 15 NL teams, so basically 120 starting with 100 to 140 who can fog a mirror.
                  at only 8-team NL and 14 hitting slots each, that's only 112 total. so you don't even draft some starters and 4th OFs AND the ones ranked around 100-110 will go for a buck.

with pitchers, 75 SP slots but maybe only 55-60 fog that mirror.
                  at 8-team, you guys figure to draft just about 45-50.
                  15 closer spots and maybe 10 are good and 15 more RPs can 'fog.'
                  you guys will take maybe 25.

that's why Dubon, Houser, and Kintzler look unappealing in this format.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I narrowed it down to one spot. Hilliard $2, Kintzler $1 or Houser $1. Also keep in mind that following the auction we do a 10 round reserve/farm draft. 6-reserves 4-farm. Who would you keep?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      I narrowed it down to one spot. Hilliard $2, Kintzler $1 or Houser $1. Also keep in mind that following the auction we do a 10 round reserve/farm draft. 6-reserves 4-farm. Who would you keep?
                      I'd rather keep Hilliard than those other two just based on his upside.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        Funny we both have to get down to Hilliard or not?Out of those 3 guys, I'd take the hitter every time--pitchers are a mess to predict.
                        Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
                        X