AL Only Auction Game Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only Auction Game Plan

12 teams, 5x5, 1 year keepers. After dumping last year I'm going for it this year. What should my game plan be? Are there any specific players or types who would complement my keepers? I think I need 1 top 10 and 1 top 20 SP, some speed at MI (could move Lemahieu) and in the OF, plus an established closer and a couple speculative guys. Thanks in advance!

C CVazquez 1
    C
    1B NLowe 5
    3B RNunez 3
    2B Lemahieu 11
    SS Bichette 6
    CI
    MI Biggio 2
    OF
    OF
    OF
    OF
    OF
    DH YAlvarez 1

P YChirinos 1
    P Heaney 4
    P DGerman 2
    P McKay 2
    P
    P
    P
    P
    P

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Just spitballing off the top of my head, you need a big time power bat, and a near elite starter. Also a closer, but that's a given.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Just spitballing off the top of my head, you need a big time power bat, and a near elite starter. Also a closer, but that's a given.
      Yep, he has spent 38 bucks. Get the best of each one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Yep, he has spent 38 bucks. Get the best of each one of these.
        Trout, J-Ram, NCruz, Donaldson, Torres, Rendon are the biggest bats out there.
        Cole, Verlander, Biebs the biggest aces.
        Osuna, Chapman, Hand, Rogers the biggest stoppers.

I like Donaldson/Torres/Rendon, Verlander/Bieber, Hand/Rogers best.

Do I have enough positive value in my keepers to splurge on Trout? He will cost $50+ guaranteed and might hit $60 again.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          Trout, J-Ram, NCruz, Donaldson, Torres, Rendon are the biggest bats out there.
          Cole, Verlander, Biebs the biggest aces.
          Osuna, Chapman, Hand, Rogers the biggest stoppers.

I like Donaldson/Torres/Rendon, Verlander/Bieber, Hand/Rogers best.

Do I have enough positive value in my keepers to splurge on Trout? He will cost $50+ guaranteed and might hit $60 again.
          I think that your idea might be best for you...multiple players rather than one super-stud look like the way to go. Getting 2 of Donaldson/Torres/Rendon, and Verlander/Bieber, Hand/Rogers seems like it's probably the better of the two options, IMO.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Well, you have a major position issue - you can only go after one IF player since all your other slots are full. And DH is awesomely full. But full nonetheless.

So you have two options for hitters:

- Go after one of the position players and Trout. Or Trout and a decent, but unlisted OF.
            - Or, cut N. Lowe since his PT is most at risk and go after two of the position players as Hornsby listed above.

For SPs, you can go for two of the great ones or one of the great ones and two unlisted reliable ones at lower cost. You have one who's out for a good chunk of the season, one who's already hurt in McKay, and Heaney, who will be hurt.

For closers, I'd poke at Rogers and Hand early and see if you can get them at good value. I really like Rogers of the two. But if I'm buying only one closer, I'm paying the coin and getting Osuna.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd look at two of the hitters. JRam is Jekyll/Hyde so maybe his price might be down? Pair him with Torres or Donaldson? Then spend and get the two best SP and Osuna/Rogers?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Well, you have a major position issue - you can only go after one IF player since all your other slots are full. And DH is awesomely full. But full nonetheless.

So you have two options for hitters:

- Go after one of the position players and Trout. Or Trout and a decent, but unlisted OF.
                - Or, cut N. Lowe since his PT is most at risk and go after two of the position players as Hornsby listed above.

For SPs, you can go for two of the great ones or one of the great ones and two unlisted reliable ones at lower cost. You have one who's out for a good chunk of the season, one who's already hurt in McKay, and Heaney, who will be hurt.
                Good point about only buying 2 bats. Lowe was a reserve pick in LABR - is he a $5 keeper (2020 only)? Ditto for McKay and German?

If I throw Lowe back I can buy 2 strong CI/MI as Lemahieu can be moved to 1B/2B/3B. That might be the way to go. I will also offer them to the league.

Comment

I’d definitely deal or toss N Lowe. I like both McKay and German at those prices, but if you can get good trade value for either, they’re certainly not untouchable.

Comment

My league wants to play out this year and have no keepers in 2021. I proposed that if we play out this season, keepers carryover to 2021 with no new keepers from the 2020 auction. Many of us dumped last year, including me. I did so expecting 6 months out of these guys, not 2. Is that fair?

Comment

My league wants to play out this year and have no keepers in 2021. I proposed that if we play out this season, keepers carryover to 2021 with no new keepers from the 2020 auction. Many of us dumped last year, including me. I did so expecting 6 months out of these guys, not 2. Is that fair?
                      Makes total sense to me.

Comment

Nope. You're getting hosed.

Comment

IMO as long as the prize money stays 100% of previous years, contracts should move forward as normal. Number of games ultimately doesn’t matter in this instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            IMO as long as the prize money stays 100% of previous years, contracts should move forward as normal. Number of games ultimately doesn’t matter in this instance.
                            Plot twist: the prize pool will be about half of usual. Factors include: a proposed $20 entry fee instead of $50, we are currently down to 9 teams (from 12) and CBS is free this season.

Comment

Plot twist: the prize pool will be about half of usual. Factors include: a proposed $20 entry fee instead of $50, we are currently down to 9 teams (from 12) and CBS is free this season.
                              Under that scenario you have every right to ask for adjustments to keepers yes

Comment

Working...
                              X