No announcement yet.

NFBC $150 Draft Champions - Big Tymers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway I hijacked your thread - interested in hearing about updates on this draft

Comment

NP - we stalled out a little. Will update page 1 now but 5 picks before I'm up again in the 7th. Looking at OF (Solar, Gallo,Mancini - also 1B), C (Sanchez) or Closer (Rogers, Hand)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
        NP - we stalled out a little. Will update page 1 now but 5 picks before I'm up again in the 7th. Looking at OF (Solar, Gallo,Mancini - also 1B), C (Sanchez) or Closer (Rogers, Hand)
        Feels early for Mancini but at the same time 1B turns into a cesspool quickly if you aren't careful.

Comment

Yeah - I doubt I take him here as I agree with you its early. 1B to me isn't really all that bad as guys like Santana, Sano, Mancini, EE, Cron, Hoskins, etc can be ok if I have strength elsewhere. Not loving a bat but also don't want to take a SP here so C or CL might be an option. If Soler is there he'll be the pick. Mercado is available and I could use another 25 SBs but other OF right now is Conforto, Brantley, Benintendi beyond those above.

Comment

I don't see how you pass up Soler or Gallo if they make it to you. I really like Mancini for four category balance, too. But Baltimore and who he'll drive in moves him down a tick compared to the other two, IMO. But two position flexibility is nice.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Salfino is in mine too. Picking out of the 8 hole he went Story/JD Martinez, then Altuve, Nola, Lemahieu, Berrios, Ohtani (man, I dunno about that one), Hendriks and Neris (love, love love that duo, how did I let that happen?), Franimal, Lux (again, dayum), McCullers, C Walker, D May, Puk

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Salfino is in mine too. Picking out of the 8 hole he went Story/JD Martinez, then Altuve, Nola, Lemahieu, Berrios, Ohtani (man, I dunno about that one), Hendriks and Neris (love, love love that duo, how did I let that happen?), Franimal, Lux (again, dayum), McCullers, C Walker, D May, Puk
                Where's your thread on your team????

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Where's your thread on your team????
                  In my brain :P

I'll try to get it posted this afternoon.

Comment

So still in the 8th and 6 closers have gone this round so its definitely the round of the closer and glad I got one: Hendriks, Diaz, Rogers, Jansen, Hand, Giles

So after 8 rounds I have 5 Hitters and 3 Pitchers. In next 2 picks the goal will be a 3rd SP and speed. Ideally the speed comes in the OF but lot of good SS's left imo so am ok filling MI. Just feel that if I don't get 20-30SBs soon I'll have to suboptimize later and make trade-offs I don't want to make. I'm at about 55 SBs now and want to get to 120+.

Comment

You can tell from my team that I generally like to build from the IF. With more and more platooning and this being a 50-round, no pickup league I feel like I get can a bunch of OFs later and play weekly matchups. 1B is shallow but at the same time this is a very deep league and having played in very deep leagues I have no problem building a team where my 1B is someone like Votto, Hosmer, Cron, etc if need be as that just means I'll get my stats somewhere else. This IS however a 2-Catcher league so I will need to grab my 1st C pretty soon.

SP seems to be going slower so am playing with fire and continuing to build offense. Ideally I get one of ERod, Fried, Ryu or Paxton (I'll take 5 months) next round with some consideration to Lamet as well.

Comment

Nice pick on Rosario. He's at least at value and he fills your speed need without hurting you anywhere.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Been out of pocket most of today. Updated picks just now. Closers have gone crazy fast or at least seems that way to me. Like the way my pitching is so want to grab one more SP and shift focus to offense.

Comment

Appreciate you updating the draft very much. Gives me a concept how my mixed draft will flow.

Comment

NP - happy to keep updating this if it’s helpful. Think I’m going to grab Wilson Ramos as my 2nd catcher as C’s have fallen and feel there is value here vs speculating at 1B or choosing from the glob at 1B or OF. Don’t usually invest as C but at the end of the day I’m just looking for value and seems like that is where it is right now.

Contemplated grabbing Melancon to pair with Smith but painful to spend 2 picks back to back for 1 position.

Comment

Really like Ramos at this point if he's there for you. Good to very good BA for a C, acceptable power, good R/RBI count.

Comment

Working...
                                X