No announcement yet.

NFBC $150 Draft Champions - Big Tymers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I am on deck so we’ll see what the guy before me does but he’s sniped me a few times now. Big advantage at Catcher in theory to pair Sal Perez and Ramos in a 2 C league

Comment

Halfway thru the 19th round and now realizing 50 rounds will be a marathon. Still plenty of good players left imo but feeling like ABs will dry up before pitchers so working to fill out my roster before pounding SP speculations. Didn't initially view Akiyama as a target but he fits well with my team and BA is SO scarce at this point. Ideally I get another OF in next few rounds and then its SP time with a few closer specs sprinkled in.

Comment

Great lists and explanations! Again, really appreciate it.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Im curious if any of the extreme frequent players are in your draft: Fleming, Raudio, Bristow, Heberlig, Weir, kc cha, Waggener, Cook, Tantillo, Jung

All of these guys have 20-ish DC entries....and Heberlig has freaking 90!!!

Im wondering if we can use their frequency against them at all and maybe figure out some tendencies? Not sure its possible to see all their teams...just a thought.
          Just to update -
          Heberlig now has 117 DC entries at $150 each, 10 DC entries at $400, and 1 DC entry at $1000. Total Investment = $22,550. The top overall prize is 30K.

I get it is a free country and people can spend recklessly however they want, but I dont know, I think NFBC should put a cap on this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
            Halfway thru the 19th round and now realizing 50 rounds will be a marathon. Still plenty of good players left imo but feeling like ABs will dry up before pitchers so working to fill out my roster before pounding SP speculations. Didn't initially view Akiyama as a target but he fits well with my team and BA is SO scarce at this point. Ideally I get another OF in next few rounds and then its SP time with a few closer specs sprinkled in.
            I found the SPs to be pretty short after about round 30, but I never really ran out of MRs I could feign interest in. Also it seemed like there were still a decent number of 200AB guys left even at the very end. Not GOOD ones, of course. But Jason Martin, Grayson Greiner, Phil Ervin, John Hicks, Dustin Fowler, Yusniel Diaz were all undrafted.

Comment

Just to update -
              Heberlig now has 117 DC entries at $150 each, 10 DC entries at $400, and 1 DC entry at $1000. Total Investment = $22,550. The top overall prize is 30K.

I get it is a free country and people can spend recklessly however they want, but I dont know, I think NFBC should put a cap on this guy.
              He drafts well as does Buffamonte who is in TGFBI. Tough group but should make for a fun league. Not sure the rationale if spending so much as I can't imagine there is a payback.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I found the SPs to be pretty short after about round 30, but I never really ran out of MRs I could feign interest in. Also it seemed like there were still a decent number of 200AB guys left even at the very end. Not GOOD ones, of course. But Jason Martin, Grayson Greiner, Phil Ervin, John Hicks, Dustin Fowler, Yusniel Diaz were all undrafted.
                Interesting but makes me think using picks on SPs like May and even German and Gore make sense now as I can use MRs and stream SP until they come up. I think I'll only take 2 position players in my next 10 picks and focus on a lot of SPs and maybe 1 speculative closer.

Comment

He drafts well as does Buffamonte who is in TGFBI. Tough group but should make for a fun league. Not sure the rationale if spending so much as I can't imagine there is a payback.
                  I think there's some sort of addiction issue going on there frankly.

Comment

Interesting but makes me think using picks on SPs like May and even German and Gore make sense now as I can use MRs and stream SP until they come up. I think I'll only take 2 position players in my next 10 picks and focus on a lot of SPs and maybe 1 speculative closer.
                    Yeah I mean you may not LOVE these guys but these are my reserve MRs (and I swear I'll get my whole team posted someday)

Emmanuel Clase 29 (pre-injury, sadly)
                    Chris Martin 33
                    Andrew Miller 35
                    Shane Greene 38
                    CJ Edwards 40
                    Joely Rodriguez 45
                    Jeurys Familia 46
                    Scott Barlow 47
                    Jeremy Jeffress 50

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Yeah I mean you may not LOVE these guys but these are my reserve MRs (and I swear I'll get my whole team posted someday)

Emmanuel Clase 29 (pre-injury, sadly)
                      Chris Martin 33
                      Andrew Miller 35
                      Shane Greene 38
                      CJ Edwards 40
                      Joely Rodriguez 45
                      Jeurys Familia 46
                      Scott Barlow 47
                      Jeremy Jeffress 50
                      Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like that's wayyyyy too many middle relievers. I like the Andrew Miller pick and the Shane Greene pick, and perhaps one or two more were needed but for the others it feels like you should have been taking starting pitchers or offense. I don't think you can win in an NFBC league regularly starting middle relievers. You need them to turn into a closer to take up a starting roster spot if you want to compete in the W and K categories.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like that's wayyyyy too many middle relievers. I like the Andrew Miller pick and the Shane Greene pick, and perhaps one or two more were needed but for the others it feels like you should have been taking starting pitchers or offense. I don't think you can win in an NFBC league regularly starting middle relievers. You need them to turn into a closer to take up a starting roster spot if you want to compete in the W and K categories.
                        Oh I don't disagree. Save it for my post! I have Melancon so I wanted the Braves guys. I am hoping the rest are saves fliers because my closer situation is bad.

I do still have like 11 or 12 starters. It's not hopeless. But at some point there aren't many SP fliers left to take. Hopefully BT does a better job finding them in late rounds than I did.

Comment

Well, one of us will be disappointed as I have Will Smith to your Melancon. I do think Martin is a good handcuff.

Comment

Just to update -

what I can't imagine is updating your lineup twice a week at that scale.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

So it's interesting. We're not even in Round 30 yet and a lot, lot of teams are bypassing decent floor vets for lottery tickets. With no pickups, seems like you need a lot of depth to manage the season so letting boring but very useable vets like Miggy, Fiers, Davies come to me and hoping to snag someone like Todd Frazier or Alex Gordon next round. With 20+ more rounds there is still plenty of time to go fishing but better to solidify the bench first I'd think.

Comment

So it's interesting. We're not even in Round 30 yet and a lot, lot of teams are bypassing decent floor vets for lottery tickets. With no pickups, seems like you need a lot of depth to manage the season so letting boring but very useable vets like Miggy, Fiers, Davies come to me and hoping to snag someone like Todd Frazier or Alex Gordon next round. With 20+ more rounds there is still plenty of time to go fishing but better to solidify the bench first I'd think.
                                Sound strategy, but the converse of that is all of the good lottery tickets will already be taken, leaving only the longest of the longshots for you. Might want to mix and match a bit...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X