TheAthletic Subscribers Free NFBC Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cleo View Post
    I signed up to theathletic as a first time subscriber about a week ago. Their draft day user guide and cheat sheets are very disappointing.
    Their day-to-day articles are pretty good. So are the podcasts, though those are now free for everyone. I like looking at their rankings on the site but they haven't really made anything that it's easy to make your own draft sheet from.

Comment

Finished up with Galvis to cover 2B, Kyle Seager to cover 3B, then Pivetta, Casey Mize and Framber Valdez

C - Tom Murphy, Posey, K Suzuki
      1B - Matt Olson, Luke Voit, Daniel Murphy
      2B - Whit Merrifield, Cesar Hernandez, Freddy Galvis
      SS - Fernando Tatis Jr, Corey Seager, Nick Ahmed, Freddy Galvis
      3B - Rafael Devers, Vlad Guerrero Jr, Kyle Seager
      OF- Acuna, Eddie Rosario, Schwarber, Franmil Reyes, Kyle Tucker, Joc Pederson, Mark Canha
      UT only - Miguel Andujar

SP - Darvish, Berrios, Woodruff, Price, Marquez, McCullers, Musgrove, Civale, Eovaldi, Freddy Peralta, Anibal Sanchez, Marco Gonzalez, Zach Plesac, Homer Bailey, Nick Pivetta, Casey Mize, Framber Valdez
      RP - Nick Anderson, Melancon

Comment

Geez...ours is taking forever - only in rd. 31

Comment

All done...here’s my team:

C: Navarez, d'Arnaud, Vogt
          1B: Alonso, C.Davis
          2B: Albies, Moustakas
          SS: Baez, Swanson, Ahmed
          3B: Arenado, Sano, T.Frazier
          OF: E.Jimenez, Conforto, B.Reynolds, G.Polanco, W.Myers, K.Calhoun, I.Happ, A.Almora, Y.Cespedes
          UT: Y.Alvarez

SP: Giolito, Woodruff, Lamet, Fried, Gallen, C.Smith, Stroman, Desclafani, Porecello, A.Sanchez, Shoemaker, Yamamoto, A. Wood, Z.Davies, D.German
          RP: W.Davis, Oberg, Magill, Hirano
          Last edited by ThatRogue; 03-13-2020, 05:14 PM.
          2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Just limped across the finish line. I actually think the kill them with SP volume plan might be good. Here's the final roster:

C- Narvaez, d'Arnaud, Caratini
            1B/CI - Bell, H.Dozier, D.Murphy, G.Cooper
            2B/MI- LeMahieu, McNeil
            SS- Tatis, Goodrum
            3B- Rendon, S.Castro
            OF- Yelich, Meadows, Soler, E.Rosario, Schwarber, K.Calhoun
            U- Alvarez
            SP- Montas, Wheeler, Bumgarner, Price, Foltynewicz, C.Martinez, Heaney, C.Smith, Tanaka, Keuchel, Houser, Gibson, Eovaldi, Pineda, A.Sanchez, Bassitt, K.Wright, Miley, Lyles
            RP- Jimenez, Kela, Daniel Hudson

Comment

How did everyone end up doing in this thing? I finished 3rd overall, which was pretty cool. Never got any prizes for it, but still happy that I did so well. Just my luck that the the best I ever did in anything was a free league

Going back and looking at my roster now is just silly. I had FTJ and Acuna and Corey Seager and Voit on offense, and Darvish and Woodruff and Marco Gonzalez and Plesac as pitchers

Comment

That's awesome dude! I thought you were supposed to get a free subscription or something for doing that well at least?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                  That's awesome dude! I thought you were supposed to get a free subscription or something for doing that well at least?
                  I reached out to them a couple times and never heard back. :Shrug: If it was a thousand bucks or something I'd be more concerned.

Comment

Working...
                  X