Official RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Is there a posting of the draft on RJ? I'd like to look at it if I can. Sort of a real experts draft, instead of those fake ones in the magazines.
    Just updated the draft thread here:

Comment

• Draft so far

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Draft so far

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1224[/ATTACH]
        The attachment didn't work, but joncarlos' link did. Thanks!!

I like what Swampdragon has done so far from a tougher position.
        Last edited by chancellor; 02-23-2020, 05:38 PM.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yup, it was Baez. He might be a little safer than Mondesi, which is why I’m shocked he plunged so far.
          Trade ya.
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
            Was it Baez? Because that's who I had targeted with my next pick, only to see him taken just before my turn. I hadn't done a snake draft in many years, and had forgotten how much it stinks to make it through 28 picks over two rounds, and see the player you're hoping to draft taken right before your pick.

You know that you're still on the clock, right? Corner slot for 2 picks...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Now Muncy is listed at 1B only so I think Fantrax did NOT in fact fix their positions. So I guess my roster will just be weird. Anyone trying to use this for planning, know that I wouldn't have drafted Hoskins if I knew Muncy wasn't actually a 2B. Oh well... all in good fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Now Muncy is listed at 1B only so I think Fantrax did NOT in fact fix their positions. So I guess my roster will just be weird. Anyone trying to use this for planning, know that I wouldn't have drafted Hoskins if I knew Muncy wasn't actually a 2B. Oh well... all in good fun.
                Muncy played 70 games at 2B, more than any other position in 2019. If he isn't eligible there, their system is flawed.

Comment

Now Muncy is listed at 1B only so I think Fantrax did NOT in fact fix their positions. So I guess my roster will just be weird. Anyone trying to use this for planning, know that I wouldn't have drafted Hoskins if I knew Muncy wasn't actually a 2B. Oh well... all in good fun.
                  Im positive he had all three, but revo was saying that a flaw in the fantrax draft software is that when you place a player at a position, you cant move him somewhere else until the draft concludes. Maybe that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Im positive he had all three, but revo was saying that a flaw in the fantrax draft software is that when you place a player at a position, you cant move him somewhere else until the draft concludes. Maybe that's it.
                    He is definitely eligible at all 3 positions on Fantrax. If you go to your Team Roster you can move him to any of those positions, you just cant do it in the draft room.

At some point also you will want to move some of your guys to Reserve to free up spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                      He is definitely eligible at all 3 positions on Fantrax. If you go to your Team Roster you can move him to any of those positions, you just cant do it in the draft room.

At some point also you will want to move some of your guys to Reserve to free up spots.
                      I don't think you can even move him around on your team page. I can't move Cody Bellinger, for instance, from 1B to the OF. I had to send their tech support to move him to 1B last week.

Fantrax, for all its bells and whistles, doesn't appear to have the capability to move players around on your roster mid-draft.

Comment

I don't think you can even move him around on your team page. I can't move Cody Bellinger, for instance, from 1B to the OF. I had to send their tech support to move him to 1B last week.

Fantrax, for all its bells and whistles, doesn't appear to have the capability to move players around on your roster mid-draft.
                        Yeah... it's super annoying. I just wish I knew for sure if Muncy qualified since it definitely impacts how I will draft. I'll just pretend he's 2B eligible and hope for the best.

Comment

Yeah... it's super annoying. I just wish I knew for sure if Muncy qualified since it definitely impacts how I will draft. I'll just pretend he's 2B eligible and hope for the best.
                          He certainly qualifies.

Comment

• This is a good exercise to help me find guys I do like - Berrios is definitely one. Darvish, but I already knew about him. Matt Olson too, but given how early he went, I"m not the only one.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. I've done many Fantrax drafts before and have always been able to move guys around in the roster page. This is my first time doing best ball, so it must be because of that format. In best ball it is actually not necessary to fill out the positions (I think) so I guess there is no need for lineup shuffling. Muncy is for sure eligible at the 3 positions tho, even for best ball.

Comment

He definitely does. Harmon is right, it must have something to do with the Best Ball format, but he definitely does qualify at all 3 positions.

Comment

Working...
                                X