No announcement yet.

2K20: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closermonkey took a wild-ass guess on PHI and won!

I had thought til recently they were more of an aggregator, mining actual beat guy social media and team interviews for clues (or do they? I never notice cites here). lots of value to such a site.

now it seems more like this monkey just throws its feces at a dart board and there you have it.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      closermonkey took a wild-ass guess on PHI and won!

I had thought til recently they were more of an aggregator, mining actual beat guy social media and team interviews for clues (or do they? I never notice cites here). lots of value to such a site.

now it seems more like this monkey just throws its feces at a dart board and there you have it.
      So, did you subscribe?

Comment

• not in a year of no transactions!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          So, did you subscribe?
          You have to subscribe to Closer Monkey?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            You have to subscribe to Closer Monkey?
            Only if you want updates direct to your email. Otherwise you have to click the link.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Add newly acquired Mychal Givens to the Rockies closer committee.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mets' pen blows a 5-run lead in the 9th, with EDiaz entering with WP for a run and then a 2-out, 2-strike, 2-run HR by Aaron Hicks.

gee, could they use a bullpen arm?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  Mets' pen blows a 5-run lead in the 9th, with EDiaz entering with WP for a run and then a 2-out, 2-strike, 2-run HR by Aaron Hicks.

gee, could they use a bullpen arm?
                  Good thing they didn’t steal a base or swing at a 3-0 pitch when up by so much in the late innings. Better to lose than violate an unwritten rule.
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                  RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    Only if you want updates direct to your email. Otherwise you have to click the link.
                    I get it in my email every morning during the season and I don't subscribe. I do flip a 20 in their tip jar at the end of the year for all of the work that they do. They're pretty well on top of the situation for all clubs, and I'm sure not...very helpful.

Just go to closermonkey.com and it should give you a link to get a daily email.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      I get it in my email every morning during the season and I don't subscribe. I do flip a 20 in their tip jar at the end of the year for all of the work that they do. They're pretty well on top of the situation for all clubs, and I'm sure not...very helpful.

Same here--no subscription, but daily emails nonetheless.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Same here--no subscription, but daily emails nonetheless.
                        Yes, daily emails with a link to click through to the site. Premium members get the details right in the email.

Comment

• Workman really IS a closer - he entered in an 8-4 game tonight and so of course he didn't pitch well because that's what closers do after all. Phillies still win 8-6.

Workman has now allowed 4 ER, 11 H, and 4 BB in 5.3 innings for the Phillies so far.

what could go wrong?

#mewling

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            Looks like Joe Jiminez may lose his gig as his ERA climbs to over a dozen.
                            Gregory Soto has now gotten the last two saves for the Tigers.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Gregory Soto has now gotten the last two saves for the Tigers.
                              Who would you rather have, Gregory Soto or Diego Castillo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                                Who would you rather have, Gregory Soto or Diego Castillo?
                                I grabbed Soto as he seems less likely to be jerked around.

Comment

Working...
                                X