No announcement yet.

2k20 Caleb Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in our league I can't see him going for more than 5 -and even if 6, you get an extra year, then
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I have Arenado and Bergman now at 3b and traded Anderson, so I!have an empty spot. I like Gilbert and prospects are valuable in my league. But really, it comes down to whether I think Smith is worth more than the $5 it would cost to keep him. I am not sure.
      Can you do better than Smith for Gilbert from another team?

How many keeps does the Smith owner have? What are the odds he has to throw him back?

What is more fun for you having/discovering the rookie or being right on the k's?

$5 vs 2 or 3 is really no great shakes. Yes every buck or two is important, but in the heat of auctions and drafts we routinely have to overcome a few dollars worth of error.

There are some very good players that have posted here keeping Smith for a couple of bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Can you do better than Smith for Gilbert from another team?

How many keeps does the Smith owner have? What are the odds he has to throw him back?

What is more fun for you having/discovering the rookie or being right on the k's?

$5 vs 2 or 3 is really no great shakes. Yes every buck or two is important, but in the heat of auctions and drafts we routinely have to overcome a few dollars worth of error.

There are some very good players that have posted here keeping Smith for a couple of bucks.
        Almost all the owners in my league are still hibernating. If I were a patient fellow, I suspect I could do better, but I'm not . I did just trade a Stralin Castro I was not keeping for a $1 Eovaldi. I want that final keeper slot to be an SP, and at a $1, he is worth the risk, just to fill out my keeper list. Although, I doubt he'd go for more than a $1 in the auction. This is a 16 team league. Chance's note about Eovaldi in his write ups is spot on to me--has talent, folks seem continually intrigued despite his lack of results, so he is worth a flyer in a mixed league where replacement level is higher. If I can't land a better arm, I think I will just go with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Almost all the owners in my league are still hibernating. If I were a patient fellow, I suspect I could do better, but I'm not . I did just trade a Stralin Castro I was not keeping for a $1 Eovaldi. I want that final keeper slot to be an SP, and at a $1, he is worth the risk, just to fill out my keeper list. Although, I doubt he'd go for more than a $1 in the auction. This is a 16 team league. Chance's note about Eovaldi in his write ups is spot on to me--has talent, folks seem continually intrigued despite his lack of results, so he is worth a flyer in a mixed league where replacement level is higher. If I can't land a better arm, I think I will just go with him.
          Ah so you are saying you like the prospects.

Kidding aside glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Ah so you are saying you like the prospects.

Kidding aside glad it worked out for you.
            The fellow who agreed to trade Smith for Gilbert has a silent partner. I've been waiting for him to sign off for days--he sometimes takes weeks. I got bored and traded for Eovaldi.

Comment

Working...
            X