Jason Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Bay

It is May 31 and Bay just knocked in his 10th RBI. Who had May 31 in the pool?

what happened to this guy? .315 SLG, 78 OPS+, what a disaster. Definitely one of the worst contracts in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      what happened to this guy? .315 SLG, 78 OPS+, what a disaster. Definitely one of the worst contracts in baseball.
      he is sharing hitting tips with James Loney.......unk:
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

In all fairness, he suffered a pretty severe concussion last year. That may have something to do with how badly he sucks this year.

I have no explanation for why he sucked so badly last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue&White View Post
          In all fairness, he suffered a pretty severe concussion last year. That may have something to do with how badly he sucks this year.

I have no explanation for why he sucked so badly last year.
          could be. Morneau is sucking too.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            could be. Morneau is sucking too.
            Actually, the Morneau example is why I'm willing to give Bay some benefit of the doubt for this year. However, I still feel he owes me money back for the Mets tickets I bought last year to see him suck ... er, I mean play.

Comment

Jason Bay drove in that elusive 11th RBI today. He is now the baseball equivalent of Nigel Tufnel's amp. Hopefully, he can still go just one higher, although I'm not optimistic.

Comment

peripherals are just as bad; no lack of luck here.
                has been a pro about it, at least. teammates actually rooting for him, unlike Ollie and LCastillo last year, I suspect (who they'd rather have seen cut).
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

He has been awful but I agree he's been gracious about it unlike some others. Personally, I think he should go spend a week or two in the minors to try and work this out. If the Mets decide to go that direction, I guess we will really see how much of a pro he is about this. That will be a big pill for him to swallow and I'm curious to see if he would agree.

I still think that this is concussion related. You're going to slow down some as you get older but this is an insane loss in production.

Now, anyway want to start a thread on Dan Uggla? Did anyone else think at the time that the Marlins got the best end of that deal when it happened? I sure didn't.

Comment

Working...
                  X