2k11: Ichiro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11: Ichiro

It's been an ugly May for Ichiro, with a .232 BABIP and .216 average.

Overall the numbers this year aren't looking as rosy but it's a mixed bag:

-GB% is up from 57% to 62%
    -LD% is continuing a 5-year decline, at 16.6% right now
    -He hasn't hit a HR this year after hitting 6 last year (I know you don't buy for power, but...)

On the good side, though:

-Interestingly, though, his walk rate is UP - up to 7.5% which would be a career high. -His K rate is also on pace for a career best - only 6.3%.
    -Slightly ahead of last year's pace for R/RBI and the Ms offense isn't quite as horrific this year

So in theory if his BABIP comes back up and he keeps putting the ball in play, his AVG should come up nicely. But I am worried that he seems to be losing his ability to hit the ball with any authority.

He does have 13 SBs.

Comment

Is this the beginning of full decline our just a rough patch combined with the effects of the worst linup he has been in in Seattle?

I could use SBs, runs and hits and was offered him straight up for Cliff Lee (pretty strong on SPs) but just not sure I can justify that move given the seemingly obvious parallels in Ichiro's age, SEA lineup and his production so far this season. Thoughts on this anyone???

Comment

Yeah I think Ichiro has fallen too far from elite status to deal Cliff Lee for him. I am hoping he bounces back to the .310-.320 range and keeps running. But I am not sure he'll ever hit more than 1-2 HRs at this rate. And Ackley coming up doesn't help him drive in runs unless the M's inexplicably hit Ackley 8th or 9th. (I guess they could move Ichiro down but I don't see it)

Comment

Worst hard hit ball data of his career by a LONG shot. He's hitting about 11% hard-hit balls. He was traditionally at least in the low 20's.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
          X