Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miggy offer..should I ?

12 team keeper AL only 5x5 with obp

My Britton $2 2013, Laporta $8 2013 and C.Carter xx for Miggy $37 2011 and Santana $18 2013

I really need to get an ace starter but this would give me strength to trade from by adding Miggy

Would make my main offense; Napoli, Tex, Kinsler, Miggy, Asdrubal C, Beckham, L.Scott, Patterson, Thames

Pitching needs a lot, I would have Santana, Scherzer, Holland, Penny, Ross (DL), Oliver, Villanueva and Cecil in reserve

Could trade a big bat for an ace like Verlander or Lester (struggled today) maybe Shields if you believe he will keep it up.

Think I should do this? in 4th about 20 points back overall and I'll need to pick up in pitching. Am I giving up too much in a keeper league or is this about right with 4 months left?

If you need an ace why are you trading Britton?

I think you need to get a better 2nd player for a solid $8 Laporta. The Miggy/Britton part is fair.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      If you need an ace why are you trading Britton?

I think you need to get a better 2nd player for a solid $8 Laporta. The Miggy/Britton part is fair.
      The idea is to add Miggy along with my Tex/Napoli/Kinsler/Asdrubal core and trade on of them for an ace. I am dealing with a team that has thrown in the towel, but most other teams are hanging in there. I have no overwhelming strength to trade for an ace from a team that is in contention and non of them are going to give me a Verlander for Britton.
      I am going to counter and try for Miggy for Laporta/Carter.

Comment

So I traded Britton and LaPorta for Miggy and Santana

Now I have as my core
        Hitting; Napoli,Tex,Kinsler,Asdrubal,Beckham,Miggy,Patterso n,Scott,Thames
        Starting Pitching;Scherzer,Santana,Penny,Holland,Ross,Olive r,Villanueva

We have new end of season salary cap of $380 after Sept 1st instead of unlimited, so no picking up a bunch of high salary guys in dump trades and stashing a bunch until then.

I need to be careful with what I pick up so I leave plenty of flexibility later on. At $285 right now.

Was offered Verlander $35 for Tex $31 or Miggy $37. Fair deal, helps my team helps his team.

He also has a $7 CJ Wilson and a $15 Matusz, $2 Neimann, $5 Humber,

Would I be better off trying to get CJ and Matusz for Tex or just go with Verlander?

I'm thinking 2 very good pitchers instead of 1 ace might help my staff more and save a little cap room. I could just hang onto Miggy and Tex for a while and bulk up on offense.

Thoughts

Comment

I understand the cap thing but I'd take JV for Tex and worry about the cap later. Yes, Matusz might be your 3rd best pitcher, but I'd take Verlander and hope you can find another cheap guy somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I understand the cap thing but I'd take JV for Tex and worry about the cap later. Yes, Matusz might be your 3rd best pitcher, but I'd take Verlander and hope you can find another cheap guy somewhere else.
            Just making sure you read me right. I would ask for CJ Wislon and Matuz instead of Verlander. Reargless of the cap, would Verlander still be the one to take instead of getting 2 pitchers back? Not saying he would go for it, but I was thinking of countering and if not going with Verlander.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
              Just making sure you read me right. I would ask for CJ Wislon and Matuz instead of Verlander. Reargless of the cap, would Verlander still be the one to take instead of getting 2 pitchers back? Not saying he would go for it, but I was thinking of countering and if not going with Verlander.

Thanks
              I would want Verlander and not the 2 guys.

Comment

Working...
              X