NL Starting Pitchers Rough Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Starting Pitchers Rough Start

With a month in this is kinda surprising.

Buehler 5.25
    Degrom 4.85
    Thor 5.90
    Scherzer 4.12
    Nola 5.68

Not to mention 2nd tier guys flopping, like Darvish and Quintana.

Not feeling too bad about my $21 "overspend" on Paddack. He's been a beast even if it only lasts 130 IP or whatever.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Quintana has allowed 2 ER in his last 21 IP, with 25 K. season ERA is 3.21

Scherzer allowed one baserunner thru 6 last night, left at 2-2 with 10 K and 0 BB

deGrom had to wait a few hours in rain delay last night, after 2 previous stinkers

the other ones - anybody?
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Degrom...LOL fuck him.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Quintana has allowed 2 ER in his last 21 IP, with 25 K. season ERA is 3.21

Scherzer allowed one baserunner thru 6 last night, left at 2-2 with 10 K and 0 BB

deGrom had to wait a few hours in rain delay last night, after 2 previous stinkers

the other ones - anybody?
          Yeah Quintana except for the 1 rough start against Mil has actually been very good. These pitchers should all improve unless of course there is some type of injury.

Darvish I would not have put him into 2nd tier and not even sure about the 3rd tier. His control has been terrible and this goes back to last season. IP 62.2 BB 39 HR 13. I call very risky not to mention whether or not he can stay healthy rest of the season. Until he can cut those walks down....might be a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

Not feeling too bad about my $21 "overspend" on Paddack. He's been a beast even if it only lasts 130 IP or whatever.
            Wait, what? So many strange things with this post.

Darvish was nowhere near second tier.

And Quintana has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Wait, what? So many strange things with this post.

Darvish was nowhere near second tier.

And Quintana has been great.
              I'm talking about preseason auction pricing. I hadn't kept up with Quintana's turnaround, but Darvish and Quintana were both in the $30 range in NL only leagues.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

all 3 were in my deep NL-only auction - here are prices paid plus payouts so far, per HQ:
                Quintana 22 (16)
                Paddack 15 (19)
                Darvish 5 (minus 5)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Degrom...LOL fuck him.
                  His command is gone. I've never seen him in so many bad counts.

Comment

he talked after the game about his mechanics from the stretch. so when the leadoff man gets on, he's fully out of sync.

deGrom is a smart cookie, though. he'll figure it out

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      he talked after the game about his mechanics from the stretch. so when the leadoff man gets on, he's fully out of sync.

deGrom is a smart cookie, though. he'll figure it out
                      Interesting that a CY Young winner loses his mechanics.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Interesting that he’s human? Come on, Mith.

DeGrom’s shoulder is flying open from the stretch. He’ll figure out the cause soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          Interesting that he’s human? Come on, Mith.

DeGrom’s shoulder is flying open from the stretch. He’ll figure out the cause soon.
                          Degrom's elite level success has always been highly dependent on having exceptionally consistent mechanics. If he stays healthy, I do think he will figure it out. It isn't surprising that him being even a little off is leading to much worse results for him. If I could buy low, I'd gamble on him, but his owner is not panicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Degrom's elite level success has always been highly dependent on having exceptionally consistent mechanics. If he stays healthy, I do think he will figure it out. It isn't surprising that him being even a little off is leading to much worse results for him. If I could buy low, I'd gamble on him, but his owner is not panicking.
                            DeGrom is my biggest trade chip in RJEL, so I'm annoyed at waiting for him to figure things out while all of the biggest trade chips get moved. I won't sell at a discount though, stuck waiting. I own 2 Scherzer's and 1 DeGrom as my only expensive buys. Go big or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              Interesting that a CY Young winner loses his mechanics.
                              Kind of like having an off couple of weeks of bowling...Well not really like that at all, but you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X