Chris "for" Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris "for" Sale

So how many Sale owners are crapping their pants about right now?

From what I read his velocity was back up to 95, but another bad outing.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

Well, the one in my league, for sure. He just trade him....to me. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. A cheap keeper Albies and a $2 Aaron Sanchez for a too pricey to keep Khris Davis and Chris Sale. This year, the deal doesn't hurt even if Sale is toast. Long term, I'm gonna regret this unless Sale makes losing Albies for three years worth it.

Comment

Man, I dunno if I would have done that. You definitely did get Sale... at a discount.

Velo was better yesterday but I still don't think it was where he needed it to be, and I don't think he sustained it. At least yesterday was the first time it looked like he really just does need another month to pitch himself into shape. In the meantime, though... ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Well, the one in my league, for sure. He just trade him....to me. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. A cheap keeper Albies and a $2 Aaron Sanchez for a too pricey to keep Khris Davis and Chris Sale. This year, the deal doesn't hurt even if Sale is toast. Long term, I'm gonna regret this unless Sale makes losing Albies for three years worth it.
        If I read this right you are saying Davis is too pricey but Sale is not (from the even if Sale is toast comment)? How much is Sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          If I read this right you are saying Davis is too pricey but Sale is not (from the even if Sale is toast comment)? How much is Sale?
          Both are too pricey. Sale went for $110. We have a $400 and extreme inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Both are too pricey. Sale went for $110. We have a $400 and extreme inflation.
            Why would a guy spend over a quarter of his budget on a pitcher, then panic after a few rough starts?
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Why would a guy spend over a quarter of his budget on a pitcher, then panic after a few rough starts?
              Clevinger, Olson, lamb, Upton also on his team. Not disagreeing, but the injuries scared him into early dumping. He has picked up albies and alonso so far in the fire sale.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-10-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

His velocity wasn't back up to 95. He topped out at 94.9 and averaged 92. Big difference.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  His velocity wasn't back up to 95. He topped out at 94.9 and averaged 92. Big difference.
                  I agree. While up from the disaster 4/2 outing, he's still down even from his first start, and significantly down from the last couple years:

BOS@SEA (3/28/19) 92.77
                  BOS@OAK (4/2/19) 89.86
                  TOR@BOS (4/9/19) 91.96

2017 95.11
                  2018 95.57
                  2019 91.53

Comment

So if you’re a Sale owner (I have him final year), at what price/discount are you willing to sell now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      So if you’re a Sale owner (I have him final year), at what price/discount are you willing to sell now?
                      I think he's going to figure it out. It might take a while and suck in the meantime. I would be willing to sell him for a player in the next tier down (so if Sale is a 1st rounder/$30+ player, I'd trade him for some 3rd/4th rounders or $22-$25 players). But I wouldn't sell him for pennies on the dollar right now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        I'd trade him for some 3rd/4th rounders or $22-$25 players
                        That brings up an interesting question - would you take Sale or Kershaw at this point? The known injury risk who is working back towards his debut and "seems" to be headed in the right direction or the unknown who seems broken and doesn't know why?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          That brings up an interesting question - would you take Sale or Kershaw at this point? The known injury risk who is working back towards his debut and "seems" to be headed in the right direction or the unknown who seems broken and doesn't know why?
                          I'd rather have Sale. With Kershaw's back injury, the repeated actions of pitching is always a risk for flair up. It is a limiting factor on how great he can be for long stretches. Sale is more of an unknown, but absence information about an injury, I think he is the better bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            If Peak Kershaw was anything close to a lock to pitch as well as Peak Sale, I'd probably take Kershaw. But given both the injury concerns and performance concerns for both of them, I'd take the guy who is pitching in the majors, albiet badly, and seems to be trending in the right direction. Kershaw will probably also come back with diminished velocity.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              If Peak Kershaw was anything close to a lock to pitch as well as Peak Sale, I'd probably take Kershaw. But given both the injury concerns and performance concerns for both of them, I'd take the guy who is pitching in the majors, albiet badly, and seems to be trending in the right direction. Kershaw will probably also come back with diminished velocity.
                              His velocity in rehab has been high 80s very low 90s. That said, he is more used to pitching with diminished velocity and I think his success is less dependent at this point on having a mid-90s heater. If Sale can't back up intil the mid-90s, it will be a learning curve for him, but he too, eventually, I think will be effective again.

Comment

Working...
                              X