NL trade help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL trade help please.

NL only 5x5 OBP and net steals. $260 cap.

I have been offered $41A Blackmon, $37A Starling Marte, and 4A Bote for my $15B Acuna (will have to be played out next year or given a raise at $5 per year I was thinking 2 years to $25) plus my 4x (done) Jose Martinez and a throw in of my choice.

I may be able to get him to swap out Cory Seager 20 and done after next year for Blackmon to make it happen.

I am tempted, but if I fall short I hate to lose Acuna in the rebuilding process. It is not helping that my team has started out slow.

What do you all think?

Man, I dunno. Blackmon doesn't look like a superstar any more. I like Marte but I'm not 100% sure he's elite either. Neither of them is going to outproduce Acuna. So you're trading Acuna about 175 percent of Acuna's production. Plus I think you lose the J-Mart for Bote swap, but who knows? I'm still a sucker for Martinez finding a way to play.

If you're rebuilding, maybe Seager is a better option than Blackmon, but why not just build around Acuna?

Comment

I agree with JC. Build around Acuna at that price.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

In 2013 I traded a $15 Mike Trout for David Wright and Troy Tulowitzki since I was going for a title.

It did not take long for me to regret that trade.

Comment

Thank you all for the input. I am going to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            In 2013 I traded a $15 Mike Trout for David Wright and Troy Tulowitzki since I was going for a title.

It did not take long for me to regret that trade.
            Nor will it take long if you give up Acuna.
            Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
            X