X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al hdid

12 team AL 5x5

Keepers in bold.

IF Maldonado 1 Hundley 5 Encarnacion 26 Odor 16 YSanchez 10 Adames 5 Bichette 6 TWhite 10
    OF Castellanos 30 Mazara 21 Piscotty 14 Soler 11 Hicks 15 NCruz 27
    P Porcello 16 Peacock 16 Skaggs 12 Pineda 10 Gibson 1 Keller 1 Heaney 4 Rogers 1 Soria 2
    B Fletcher

There was 15% inflation on both pitchers and hitters but the prices started off absolutely insane. It was easy to not bid for the first couple rounds because the prices were absolutely insane:

Altuve 64* Trout 63 Betts 51* Judge 47 Merrifield 40 Bregman 42 Abreu 38 Pham 33 Haniger 32 Gordon 30 Schoop 28 Eloy 29 Villar 34
    Sale 61* Verlander 43 Kluber 39 Paxton 39 Clevinger 29
    Osuna 27 Treinen 26* Giles 20 Colome 19
    * = owner was on autopilot

With all this money flying off the board I knew there would be values. I didn't wait quite long enough as it turns out. I splurged on Castellanos because my OF was weak and he was the best one left. Odor, White and Hicks fell to me below value. Bichette and Soria were mistakes though I can grab a MI in the reserve rounds. I don't think we'll see Bichette until September but he might be a trade chip as the pool originated 2h east of Toronto.

I pretty much knew going in that I wasn't going to pay for saves. I was in on Colome 19, Givens 15 and Swarzak 9 as some of the last closers but couldn't stomach going another $1 on them, and speed was overpriced. I think I have tons or power and SP to trade. AVG doesn't look great but I'm not sure how much I can fix it.

Any other thoughts?
    Last edited by virgonomic; 04-08-2019, 06:14 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

You'll need some luck, but I don't see any terrible purchases. Edwin is slowly sliding off the cliff, but $26 isn't so much it will crush you if his regression continues. Your IF is built more for the future than present. You need Bichette to produce himself or acquire a big piece in return. You also need T. White to play a lot at $10, and although he could earn it, the floor for CI is a lot higher. I would worry about White.

I'm a bigger fan of your Skaggs and Pineda buys than Porcello and Peacock, but you have a lot of 2nd or 3rd tier SP depth, some W accumulators among them, so you should be top 5 in W and K, which is a decent starting point for such a cheap staff. Ratios should be middle of the pack, but you'll need some luck and probably trade help or major FAAB spending to get that top tier pitcher, as most $63 pitching staffs would.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      You'll need some luck, but I don't see any terrible purchases. Edwin is slowly sliding off the cliff, but $26 isn't so much it will crush you if his regression continues. Your IF is built more for the future than present. You need Bichette to produce himself or acquire a big piece in return. You also need T. White to play a lot at $10, and although he could earn it, the floor for CI is a lot higher. I would worry about White.

I'm a bigger fan of your Skaggs and Pineda buys than Porcello and Peacock, but you have a lot of 2nd or 3rd tier SP depth, some W accumulators among them, so you should be top 5 in W and K, which is a decent starting point for such a cheap staff. Ratios should be middle of the pack, but you'll need some luck and probably trade help or major FAAB spending to get that top tier pitcher, as most $63 pitching staffs would.
      $63, yowza. If I could do it again I'd throw back EE and Cruz. EE is not a value and 1B is very deep. I could see pre-draft that there were a bunch of mid-tier 1B who were going to go for double digits. I liked Guzman, Cron and Bour and all went for pennies. I will never freeze a DH again unless they are a steal. With Cruz as DH I couldn't nominate CI once I bought my 3.

Berrios might be available after the ASB due to a CBS glitch so I might need to save up my FAAB for him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
      X