2019 Jon Duplantier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Jon Duplantier

He was called up to pitch out of the bullpen initially, but he's a starter long term. His stay will probably be short lived but he has some potential later in the year. Duplantier's 2018 season had some speed bumps. The 24-year-old was limited to 74 frames with inflammation in his pitching arm. So IMO there is that to worry about going forward.

Duplantier was selected by the D-backs in the third round of the 2016 Draft out of Rice. MLB.com's No. 72 overall prospect features a four-pitch mix, which is led by his plus-fastball. Over three career seasons, Duplantier is 17-4 with a 1.79 ERA, 245 strikeouts and 74 walks in 211 innings across 42 games (40 starts).

He led all Minor League starters with a 1.39 ERA, dominated the hitter-friendly California League, was named Arizona's Minor League Pitcher of the Year and now takes home the 2017 MiLBY award as Top Starting Pitcher.

I like him. I just don't know where's he's going to fit into the rotation. I think they want to see what they have in Merrill Kelly and none of their top 4 SPs are obvious trade candidates. Grienke isn't worth his contract, they just got Weaver, Godley is still pretty cheap, and Ray has 2 years of arbitration left.

Comment

Working...
    X