Ackley Up Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    He's been fantastic. So as an M's fan, are you PO'd that they waited until June to recall him, obviously over the Super-2 status?
    No, the M's did right by waiting to recall him. As Bodz chronicled earlier, he started slowly in Tacoma this year and they promoted him as he was "hitting his stride." It's been fun watching him play. I've been impressed with his defense - seems as though he's made the transition to second very well.
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
      I don't think he was ready earlier in the year, so I'm fine with it. I'm just glad we have him now. He is the #1 reason I watch the games at this point. He's their best hitter by a pretty good margin, in my opinion. I think he could slot in nicely in the #3 spot in the line-up if Wedge would take the veteran goggles off for a minute.
      I was wrong about Ackley, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. He's apparently one of those guys who rises to the level of their competition. Very nice player.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I was wrong about Ackley, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. He's apparently one of those guys who rises to the level of their competition. Very nice player.
        We're all wrong about players. Either that, or our name is Jason Grey. It happens. Next time I'm yelling about a Twin not being good, you set me straight, ay Horns?

Comment

Working...
        X