A little trade help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little trade help?

Would really appreciate some help formulating a trade offer for our AL only 5x5 (12 team) league. We keep 7. Another owner has Miguel Andujar $8 and Mike Clevinger $11 - both going into year 2. I’m interested in both but particularly Andujar. That owner says he is interested in Blake Snell, Whit Merrifield, or Marco Gonzales. What would you offer up?

My 7 keepers:
    Merrifield $8 option
    Tulowitzki $2
    Gregorius $12 (final / must keep or buy out for $10)
    Chris Sale $36
    Blake Snell $6 option
    Marco Gonzales $4
    Mychal Givens $1 option

I would like Andujar first and foremost; want offense and cost control for a few years. I can’t imagien Gonzales gets that done. Am I wrong? My other thought is to offer Snell for Andujar and Clevinger. I would probably look to flip Givens for something in that case. Given how weak SP are in the AL, is this a viable offer? Other ideas? Thanks!

Just as an aside, no matter what you do if forced to decide, I'd easily keep Givens over Tulo.

I'd personally respond back to the Andujar owner and find out what he would need to go along with Gonzeles to get Andujar.

Comment

Interesting. I hate Tulowitski as a keeper. You should be able to scoop him up for less than $3 in the draft.

Any other 7th keeper options?

As for Snell for Clevenger + Andujar, its tough. I hate extending pitchers beyond 2 years. Snell is worthy of $16 to 2021... but I also like Clevenger at $11 with an extra year to extend. So Clevenger could end up costing you $11/$16/$16, while Snell would be $16/$16/$16... obviously Snell is the better value, but I think it gets you close enough that the addition of Andujar would probably make it worthwhile (unless you have a better 7th than Tulo which you overlooked). I worry about Andujar getting traded away due to his defense, but it's a small concern.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Tulo is not a keeper, and Gregorius at $12 for possibly a half season or less isn't great either. Snell for Andujar + Clevenger doesn't get that done. How about Snell + Gonzales for those two?

Comment

Not sure, but Merrifield would not be going anywhere.

Comment

I like trading Snell for Clevinger and Andujar. If he'd do that I think it helps you enough. I like Tulo a lot but I think I'd throw him back if you get 2 for 1.

Comment

I’m going to offer up Snell. Hate to do it, but like the depth it would bring and the risk mitigation. Thanks all.

Btw how far would you extend Merrifield? I’m thinking 3 years at $18.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                I’m going to offer up Snell. Hate to do it, but like the depth it would bring and the risk mitigation. Thanks all.

Btw how far would you extend Merrifield? I’m thinking 3 years at $18.
                Given his age, that is the max you should go. I might go two years.

Comment

Working...
                X