Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need To Cut Down To 12 Players By Tonight

12TO NL 5x5 12 teams.

Need to cut down to 12 by midnight. Thinking the players on the bubble are Kingery likely to fill in 2B, SS and 3B as a utility player, Urias who might start because of injuries but likely will be limited in IP and Burnes who is fighting for the 5th starter role. But there are other iffy players like Cordero/Margot are in a crowed OF in SD. Nelson coming back from injury. Verdugo might break camp in a platoon with Pederson or could get sent down. We do have a 5 player bench so I can stash players there is that occurs. Your thoughts?

C Ramos $5 yr 2
    1B Flores $7 yr 2
    SS Kingery $2 yr 2
    OF Margot $5 yr 2
    OF Verdugo $5 yr1
    OF Duggar $5 yr 2
    OF Francy Cordero $3 yr 2

P Corbin $6 opt yr
    P Folty $8 yr 2
    P Ryu $9 Opt yr
    P Yates $1 Opt yr
    P Strop $2 yr 2
    P Urias $5 opt yr
    P Nelson $8 yr 2
    P Burnes $5 yr 1

C Ramos $5 yr 2
    1B Flores $7 yr 2
    SS Kingery $2 yr 2
    OF Margot $5 yr 2
    OF Verdugo $5 yr1

OF Duggar $5 yr 2

P Corbin $6 opt yr
    P Folty $8 yr 2
    P Ryu $9 Opt yr
    P Yates $1 Opt yr
    P Strop $2 yr 2
    P Urias $5 opt yr

P Nelson $8 yr 2
    P Burnes $5 yr 1

I'd dump Flores and Nelson for sure, and then decide the last spot between Duggar and Burnes. I'd lean towards keeping Burnes.

I wouldn't want to be the guy dropping former top prospects Kingery, Verdugo and Urias only to watch them flourish on another team.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      12TO NL 5x5 12 teams.

Need to cut down to 12 by midnight. Thinking the players on the bubble are Kingery likely to fill in 2B, SS and 3B as a utility player, Urias who might start because of injuries but likely will be limited in IP and Burnes who is fighting for the 5th starter role. But there are other iffy players like Cordero/Margot are in a crowed OF in SD. Nelson coming back from injury. Verdugo might break camp in a platoon with Pederson or could get sent down. We do have a 5 player bench so I can stash players there is that occurs. Your thoughts?

C Ramos $5 yr 2*******************probably not a better alternative, priced right
      1B Flores $7 yr 2
      SS Kingery $2 yr 2*****************cheap upside in a super utility guy, if you want to tie up a roster spot
      OF Margot $5 yr 2******************A talent, hasn't set the world on fire. Maybe this year?
      OF Verdugo $5 yr1******************maybe this is the year he sees significant PT?
      OF Duggar $5 yr 2*******************how long have we been hearing the hype?
      OF Francy Cordero $3 yr 2****************if he gets PT, should be a bargain

P Corbin $6 opt yr******************kinda duh
      P Folty $8 yr 2*******************Injured? Beware
      P Ryu $9 Opt yr******************oft injured, but should do well
      P Yates $1 Opt yr**********supposed to have closer job
      P Strop $2 yr 2***********see above
      P Urias $5 opt yr
      P Nelson $8 yr 2**************if he is indeed healthy?
      P Burnes $5 yr 1
      Here are 12, but I'm not sure I keep but a handful, for what it's worth. Good luck!
      Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        C Ramos $5 yr 2
        1B Flores $7 yr 2
        SS Kingery $2 yr 2
        OF Margot $5 yr 2
        OF Verdugo $5 yr1

OF Duggar $5 yr 2

P Corbin $6 opt yr
        P Folty $8 yr 2
        P Ryu $9 Opt yr
        P Yates $1 Opt yr
        P Strop $2 yr 2
        P Urias $5 opt yr

P Nelson $8 yr 2
        P Burnes $5 yr 1

I'd dump Flores and Nelson for sure, and then decide the last spot between Duggar and Burnes. I'd lean towards keeping Burnes.

I wouldn't want to be the guy dropping former top prospects Kingery, Verdugo and Urias only to watch them flourish on another team.
        Urias is in his Option yr so either I sign him to a contract or lose him at the end of the season. I doubt his pitches more than 100 IP this season but it does look likely as the Dodger's pitching staff is not of if but when Kershaw, Ryu, Hill and Meada hits the DL. Question should be would you sign him to a contract?

Kingery should improve but his PT will have to come at the expense of Segura, Hernandez and Franco. Rotowire has him down for 400 AB which could happen if Kapler sits them each 1 game each week and injuries. But as you said there is that "top prospect" so kinda of hard to let this go. I just wish there was something from last season that shows me yes he is going to get better.

Comment

How much does Urias go for if you put him back?

I think if it was my team I would take a shot at getting him cheaper with a new 3 year contract.

Comment

Because he will be limited to how many innings he will throw I don't think he will go much higher than $10. Our draft is in two weeks so his price will depend on him making the rotation. If it looks iffy such as he will start the year at AAA then whoever drafted him will lose the player as any player sent to the minors before OD automatically has to drop the player. Then we have to wait until he is called up to be available for FAAB.

Comment

Every player has a single digit salary. You're going to have a bundle to spend at auction so it might be good to not have 4 OF filled going in.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                C Ramos $5 yr 2
                1B Flores $7 yr 2
                SS Kingery $2 yr 2
                OF Margot $5 yr 2
                OF Verdugo $5 yr1

OF Duggar $5 yr 2

P Corbin $6 opt yr
                P Folty $8 yr 2
                P Ryu $9 Opt yr
                P Yates $1 Opt yr
                P Strop $2 yr 2
                P Urias $5 opt yr

P Nelson $8 yr 2
                P Burnes $5 yr 1

I agree with Revo choices & comments.

Do not extend Urias

Comment

Working...
                X