X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only Help

NL Only 10 team 4x4 $260

Can keep up to 15.

21 listed here, so need to drop at least 6 of these or trade for futures.

Rizzo 37B
    Carpenter 14B
    C. Hernandez 13C
    Cano 10C
    McNeil 10B
    Gennett 2C
    Polanco 20D can buy out one year remaining
    Winker 10B
    Acuna 10B
    Soto 10A
    Conforto 5C
    Caratini 1B

deGrom 40B
    C. Martinez 31B
    Castillo 10C
    A. Reyes 5C
    Newcomb 5B
    Mikolas 2B
    Iglesias 29B
    S. Dominguez 10B
    Minter 10B

C contracts can be extended at $5 per year.

Speed will be at a premium this year. I'm hoping Acuna will be mostly leadoff. I will likely have to overpay for at least one speed guy at auction.
    Last edited by harmon; 02-27-2019, 09:06 PM.

Definite drops from that list: Carlos Martinez (why pay that much for a guy who is a set-up man if he's healthy enough to pitch?) and Caratini.

Other four drops from among these: Minter, Dominguez, McNeil, Newcomb, Iglesias (depends on prices of closers in your league), Winker (I doubt the power is there this year because of the shoulder and it's not an OBP league), deGrom (price), Rizzo (price).

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      NL Only 10 team 4x4 $260

Can keep up to 15.

21 listed here, so need to drop at least 6 of these or trade for futures.

Rizzo 37B
      Carpenter 14B
      C. Hernandez 13C---------------------Do you want to carry both Hernandez and Cano?
      Cano 10C------------------------------Do you want to carry both Hernandez and Cano?
      McNeil 10B
      Gennett 2C
      Polanco 20D can buy out one year remaining--------------------do it
      Winker 10B
      Acuna 10B
      Soto 10A
      Conforto 5C
      Caratini 1B---------------drop

deGrom 40B
      C. Martinez 31B----------------way too much uncertainty, and a lot of $$$$$$$$$-drop
      Castillo 10C----------------------sad to say, but I would also consider dropping him, too and rebid
      A. Reyes 5C----------------again, a lot of uncertainty--drop
      Newcomb 5B
      Mikolas 2B
      Iglesias 29B
      S. Dominguez 10B----------------I would drop one of these 2 guys--you have almost a full staff pre-draft
      Minter 10B--------------------------I would drop one of these 2 guys--you have almost a full staff pre-draft

C contracts can be extended at $5 per year.

Speed will be at a premium this year. I'm hoping Acuna will be mostly leadoff. I will likely have to overpay for at least one speed guy at auction.
      You have a nice team already there, shame you have to lose some good players.
      Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
        You have a nice team already there, shame you have to lose some good players.
        Your question about carrying both Hernandez and Cano is a good one. Something I've been wrestling with is tying up my utility spot by keeping three second base in Cano, Hernandez and Gennett. Hernandez at $13 would be my last choice but he offers some much needed speed which is crucial in 4x4. I was originally not going to keep him but after taking a closer look at what's going to be available at auction his appeal goes up.

Comment

I would not drop Degrom. He's too good to drop at that price. I don't love dropping McNeil either but in a 10-teamer I think he goes cheaper.

I would keep all 3 of Cesar, Scooter and Cano. Yeah it fills your UT but at least it's with a good player.

I know it's 4x4 but man it doesn't feel good to pay 29 for Iglesias. How crazy is your league about closers?

So I would drop: C-Mart, Newcomb, Caratini, McNeil, Minter (or Seranthony... I agree that I'd keep one of the 2) and Winker. I do like Winker but he doesn't run and in a 10-teamer I don't think his power is good enough to justify 10 bucks.

What does it cost to buy out Polanco? If it's $10 auction dollars I might hang onto him. If it's actual cash, or cheaper, I would consider cutting him.

Comment

I agree with JC on deGrom. I would keep him.

How many of the elite closers will be back at auction. 4x4 we gotta pay for saves.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              I would not drop Degrom. He's too good to drop at that price. I don't love dropping McNeil either but in a 10-teamer I think he goes cheaper.

I would keep all 3 of Cesar, Scooter and Cano. Yeah it fills your UT but at least it's with a good player.

I know it's 4x4 but man it doesn't feel good to pay 29 for Iglesias. How crazy is your league about closers?

So I would drop: C-Mart, Newcomb, Caratini, McNeil, Minter (or Seranthony... I agree that I'd keep one of the 2) and Winker. I do like Winker but he doesn't run and in a 10-teamer I don't think his power is good enough to justify 10 bucks.

What does it cost to buy out Polanco? If it's $10 auction dollars I might hang onto him. If it's actual cash, or cheaper, I would consider cutting him.
              Buy out would be $20 real money only as he's in his last year of extension. Will do that for sure.

I was set to keep Iglesias until Bell started talking about multi inning appearances and non save situations. He'll probably be in the 20-25 save range if that happens, so getting hard to justify the salary. Solid closers typically go for about $30 in my league.

I hate to pass on Newcomb at this stage. If, maybe a big if he gets his control under control, he could be pretty plus on that team. Maybe I am not being realistic. I'm sure he goes for more than $5 at our auction, so is the smart move to trade him?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I agree with JC on deGrom. I would keep him.

How many of the elite closers will be back at auction. 4x4 we gotta pay for saves.
                Our closer group at auction looks like it will be Jansen and Davis, Iglesias if I drop him and Kimbrel if he signs in NL. Robertson will also be available. I think the Vizcaino owner will keep him for $10 (maybe).

If I was to keep Dominguez then I would look to buy Robertson who I expect will go for $12 to $15. I think in that scenario I would nominate Robertson early before he's the last "saves guy" left.

Comment

Our closer group at auction looks like it will be Jansen and Davis, Iglesias if I drop him and Kimbrel if he signs in NL. Robertson will also be available. I think the Vizcaino owner will keep him for $10 (maybe).

If I was to keep Dominguez then I would look to buy Robertson who I expect will go for $12 to $15. I think in that scenario I would nominate Robertson early before he's the last "saves guy" left.
                  If you think you can get D-Rob for 15 or less, then I would absolutely keep Seranthony and try to pair them up for 30 bucks or less.

Comment

my keeps are

Carpenter 14B
                    C. Hernandez 13C
                    Cano 10C
                    Gennett 2C
                    Winker 10B
                    Acuna 10B
                    Soto 10A
                    Conforto 5C

deGrom 40B
                    Castillo 10C
                    A. Reyes 5C
                    Newcomb 5B
                    Mikolas 2B
                    Iglesias 29B
                    S. Dominguez 10B
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Buy out would be $20 real money only as he's in his last year of extension. Will do that for sure.

I was set to keep Iglesias until Bell started talking about multi inning appearances and non save situations. He'll probably be in the 20-25 save range if that happens, so getting hard to justify the salary. Solid closers typically go for about $30 in my league.

I hate to pass on Newcomb at this stage. If, maybe a big if he gets his control under control, he could be pretty plus on that team. Maybe I am not being realistic. I'm sure he goes for more than $5 at our auction, so is the smart move to trade him?
                      Oh, I assumed that they buyout cost draft dollars. Do the buyout. That's automatic at that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X