Rough It Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough It Up

only a little I hope. There is a thread on how this team was drafted, going back to the keeper declarations in January. There are four picks remaining, but I have already used the next pick of Carson Kelly. Since that's a 30 pick gap, Here is the unfinished team for your perusal.

16 team, H2H, 5x5 plus OBA and Holds

C Carson Kelly
    1B Paul Goldschmidt
    2B Adalberto Mondesi
    3B Matt Chapman
    SS Jean Segura
    CI Matt Olson
    MI Amed Rosario
    OF Christian Yelich
    OF Ronald Acuna
    OF Victor Robles
    OF Clint Frazier
    Util Willie Calhoun

SP Robbie Ray
    SP Jack Flaherty
    SP Andrew Heaney
    SP Justin Bieber
    RP Corey Knebel
    RP Matt Barnes
    RP Joe Jimenez
    P Yu Darvish
    P Freddy Peralta
    P Dereck Rodriguez

BN Shohei Ohtani (SP only)
    BN Luis Robert
    BN Wander Franco
    BN Jo Adell
    BN Royce Lewis
    BN Teoscar Hernandez
    BN Yandy Diaz
    BN Wily Peralta

I am considering WW bait for one of the remaining picks, eg Lamet, Cotton, Walker, Salazar to name SP. I could fill the spot with a RP from WW. Also, some SP/RP are woth consideration, eg Derek Holland. Batwise, things look thin. Other than outright prospects like Brendan McKay we are already at WW pickings or very close to it. Top of the board seems to be Yandy Diaz and Raimel Tapia, both OBA assets.

In other words, there is still work to do but it's tidying up. What do you think of the team as it stands?

Update: I took Yandy Diaz for some reliable--and high on-base--stats. Next round a RP, hopefully Givens or Oh is left. Derek HOlland is SP/RP which is nice. Getting Brasier to go with Burnes is no longer possible.

Update: Added Joe Jimenez of the Tigers. I knew if I looked hard enough that there was a fantasy asset in Michigan.

Update: Dereck Rodriguez of the Giants. I'll probably take a RP in the last round. Jace Fry, Wily Peralta, and Ty Buttery are available

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-04-2019, 11:31 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Is this a league (I assume Yahoo from the Ohtani designation) where you can stash a DL guy all year? And I also assume a keeper league, since a lot of guys have no business on a re-draft roster. If so, you look fine. Depth of players actually for this year seems crucial. Calhoun is a total question mark as is Frazier, and outside of Teoscar, you have nothing on your bench that will help at all this year. You have the kids market cornered, but if you want to compete this year, you need more guys who will actually play. If this is a dynasty league and you are playing for the future, that is a totally different question. Your bullpen certainly needs help, that is one thing.

Comment

A great core with some holes and a shaky pitching staff. My kind of team. Definitely need another stable RP and some bench bats that will get ABs, even if they're blah.

Comment

I was thinking of taking Brasier to get both Red Sox men. This is an area I can do from WW after the IR players get announced (does anyone use IL instead of IR?).

I agree with JC. This is a team that needs a couple of players to far exceed their draft/option position, but one that has a lot of dice to roll. Next year will hae some hard keeper decisions.

For example, here is the FG Depth Chart projection:

Games PA Hits HR Run RBI SB AVG OBA SLG OPS
        1578 6623 1573 237 849 809 183 .264 .331 .450 .782

In this projection Acuna is #34 and Mondesi is #264. Based on their ADP, I have reason to hope for better.

In any event, in the vein of boring but productive, I am thinking Yandy Diaz. It's an OBA league and who else have the Rays got?

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-28-2019, 02:32 AM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by JR
          Yusniel Diaz, OF, Bal
          Y not?
          Originally posted by onejayhawk
          Yandy Diaz 1B,3B TB

J
          Because my Diaz is better than your Diaz.

Seriously, over 400 picks into the draft, these two came off back to back.

Gotta love it.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            (does anyone use IL instead of IR?).
            Only football people use IR. Baseball people use DL. I understand and appreciate changing the official name, but it would have been nice to keep it as a "D" and anything but an "I" due to the football issue.

Comment

I know IR is a football term, but I still find myself using it instead of IL. DL was so much easier. At least it's better than PUP.

Mychal Givens was gone so I drafted Joe Jimenez. I need one pitcher and one future stud to finish the draft. I would be OK with both a stud and a stud pitcher.

Update: Derek Holland which settled a question of which SF SP to take. I took Dereck Rodriguez with my next to last pick. Now close to 500 picks into the draft.

Does anyone have a winning last pick for Monday? I'd take Brendaen McKay except he's two different players. I may still take the 1B version.

J
              Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-03-2019, 11:58 PM.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
              X