2K19 Tyler White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19 Tyler White

Qualifies for 1B or UT/DH. Good power, decent BA, better OBP. Will he be a full time DH this year?

At 28 he seems to be a bit of a late bloomer. He went for $5 in our AL only last year. Wondering if he is worth trading for?

I don't think 20-25 hrs are unreasonable if he gets 500 ABs. Does he get them?

He played very well in the majors last year. If he gets off to a good start, I’d imagine the ab’s will be there but if he struggles, they do have other options, including AJ Reed, who’s still around. I think White is a decent bet for 20-25 home runs. Of course, 20-25 hr’s aren’t that hard to find these days but the strength of that lineup gives him more upside than other 20 hr guys you might be considering at the same level.

Comment

In looking more closely at his numbers, White ended the year very quietly (after a massive September). If Tucker forces his way into the lineup, the Astros could give Brantley a lot of time at DH. White’s path to 500 or more ab’s may be a bit more tenuous than I thought but he can change that if he starts strong and stays consistent.

Comment

I'm a big fan. The playing time issue definitely scares me. One thing I will say, Josh Reddick's batted ball stats don't look great from last year, so if he continues to suck, there's your opening for Kyle Tucker.

Just about any injury to a non-catcher helps lock in White's PT, though, with Yuli and Bregman able to move all over the diamond.

2018: 237 PA, 276/354/533, 12 HR, 42 RBI. A .307 BABIP (honestly not that high), a 10.1% walk rate (very nice) and a 20.7% K rate (actually pretty good for someone with his power). Even his 17.4% HR/FB rate might be sustainable?

Steamer: 494pa, 249/329/436, 19 HR
        ATC: 461pa, 259/335/462, 19 HR
        THE BAT: 577pa, 257/335/458, 24 HR, 78 RBI, 75 R, 4 SB

That last one is really nice.

-----

His splits aren't even that alarming. HUGE warning for small sample size.

vL: 59pa, 305/417/593, 3 HR, 13.9% BB, 26.4% K
        vR: 151pa, 265/327/510, 9 HR, 8.5% BB, 18.2% K

If I have one concern about White it's that he's really just a lefty-masher who is just OK, barely playable against righties. Then again, that was Jesus Aguilar at this time last year. White doesn't have Aguilar's crazy high exit velocity numbers, though.

Comment

He's either a stud in waiting or a AAAA guy who had a nice run in a small sample size. No idea which. If he could just have a full season of PA's against his pitching equivalent, Shane Bieber, that would be fun.

Comment

I have him at $10 in our 12-team AL 5x5 and am unsure about keeping him. Can’t imagine he goes for more than $14 or $15 at auction on the very high side.

Comment

Working...
            X