Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough for Street here?

12T mixed 7x7 roto keeper - extra cats are H OPS x HRA L

Can I afford to move Street to acquire Hart and Venters?

I'm currently amongst 4 teams that have been flashing in and out of first place the past couple weeks. There is another team about 35 points out that I see as the strongest threat by years end, so really it's a tight 5 team race this year.

I have a strong OF and would use Hart probably 4-5 starts a week as one of my 2 starting Util bats. We do daily starts without games played limits so it pays off to have a full starting lineup. I just lost a primary guy in this rotation (Byrd) and he could be gone all year.

Our rules only permit starting 3 RP per night and I've been rolling with Street Valverde and Farnsworth most of the season. I'm also rostering Eduardo Perez as a speculative closer. Street has been more susceptible to the HR than I projected him to be and we count that cat. Do you think this higher HR rate as real or just a small sample size early season mirage? If Street is going to cough up HR AND if in fact Venters is close to supplanting Kimbrel I like the trade.

Normal starting roster:
    C - Carlos Santana
    1B - Butler
    2B - Utley (finally)
    3B - Youk
    SS - Tulo
    OF - Braun Crawford Granderson
    U - Gordon Hill (bench/util Infante Frkln Gutierrez EE Bloomquist Ram Hernandez Des Jennings)

SP - Lee Marcum Liriano Anderson Kuroda Pineda CJ Wilson Crow
    RP - Street Valverde Farnsworth Eduardo Sanchez

I would do it. Hopefully Jennings will be up soon... that will give you lots of depth if Gordon/Hill don't work out. I am not sure Venters will take over the closer role but I think Hart will continue remembering how to hit and Street for Hart is pretty fair. Street is actually throwing more GBs so the HR rate will definitely fall. But I still like it.

Comment

Working...
    X