No announcement yet.

NFBC Draft Champions - RJ entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We settled on Krush it was a long conversation and interesting. We are hopeful that a SP we like will fall to round 5.

Comment

• this is fun to follow, please post an updated board when you have a chance
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        this is fun to follow, please post an updated board when you have a chance
        Same board with Krush as our pick. Slow draft slows down overnight.

Comment

• test

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 10.21.56 PM.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
            test

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1159[/ATTACH]
            Danke Schoen !
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• mjl: questions for round 4: if paxton or stras are still there, do we take a second pitcher? would we take vlad? would we take realmuto?
              mjl: there are so few good catchers and he's even on a better team now
              mjl: also how do we feel about filling UT early with krush if he's there
              Ken: No paxton
              Fresno Bob: Fine with realmuto if buehler is gone, fine with krush too
              Frae: I definitely want to go back to hitting unless buehler survives
              Frae: Davis JT and rendon and maybe Cody B
              mjl: nobody behind us has a SP, buehler has to be gone
              Pauly: Please please please let's go pitching again
              Frae: I agree but he's the only one I'd want this high in rd 4
              Ken: But I'll always call him Krishna now
              Pauly: If anyine is left
              Frae: I don't trust Corbin or pax and stras is always hurt
              Pauly: Taillon paxton stras etc etc im in the car so i cant look at a list
              Pauly: Even a closer maybe
              Pauly: Anyone but edwin diaz
              Ken: Too early for a closer for me
              Frae: Let's see what happens I know I took Vlad in mine but I wouldn't push that risk on you guys. I like Krush to balance our team
              Frae: Yeah closer run will happen in 6/7
              Ken: Flaherty is interesting.
              Pauly: Yes!!!!!
              Pauly: Flaherty shouldve been on that list i was trying to make
              Pauly: I know everybody loves realMuto in philly but i think taking a top ranked catcher is a huge mistake. Anyone who took sanchez last year was screwed
              Ken: That was Krush before autocorrect
              Pauly: Also i already chatted with frae about this,...krush is dh only which is a big negative to me
              Frae: I think we have two ba anchors that won't hit 30 hr and Krush balances them nicely
              Pauly: But if everyone is leaning one way of course im not gonna push back
              Ken: He makes it to pick 12 just 12% of the time this year
              mjl: who does, Davis? Is your ADP list overall or specific to draft champions? He's a couple picks lower in DC because of the positional issues
              Pauly: Heres the SP list- buehler, corbin, paxton, flaherty, stras, taillon, clevenger, greinke. I heard flat no on pax and corbin. Just saying we wont get any if them if we pass this time around and we are trying to compete with a lot of teams with two aces.
              mjl: i'd be very surprised if buehler or corbin get back but happy to take either of those. i think i like clevinger the most of the others.
              Frae: Sure we are but if the back end over drafts pitchers the value is in hitting. I don't think we should panic. The guys that have two aces have to chase hitting soon
              Pauly: I really like taillon and flaherty this year. Clevenger too
              mjl: i'm assuming 3-5 pitchers go in the next six picks
              Pauly: By sheer numbers at least 2 of those pitchers will be left. More than that probably
              Pauly: Hey if this is too text heavy i can take it to the message board instead
              Ken: No paxton or Corbin for me
              Fresno Bob: I'd be fine with clevenger as my #2
              Ken: Define any pitching. Paxton in NY doesn't interest me at all. Corbin is nothing special. I'd take Taillon but probably too early
              Pauly: The list i sent of 8 sp
              Pauly: Lets not be slaves to adp...other than krush i dont see an offensive guy worth taking with the pick
              Pauly: We cant afford to take vlad because we already took lindor...am I right?
              mjl: i like suarez/rendon but don't feel too strongly about them
              Frae: But I love Vlad �� I think rendon is solid stats to bank
              Pauly: We all love vlad! Of course none of us love being in last place going into May lol
              Frae: Davis and rendon are reliable hitters if we go there. I won't say I'm against anything until we see how the end picks.
              Frae: Lol I know and I wouldn't push him with us already having lindor
              Frae: I bet he goes anyway
              Pauly: I hope so. Really think we will all be happy with one of those younger pitchers
              Frae: Rendon and bellinger go
              Pauly: Picks happening...rendon then bellinger. Are now at the turn
              mjl: Apparently my guess of five pitchers going was a bit off
              Frae: Could walker come back
              Pauly: You are basing it on logic...not sure 13-14 have any. Lol
              Pauly: Frae...if that happens i will do a cartwheel right here in my living room ��
              Frae: Well you have to expect the turn to take 1 p and it's probably walker but we will see
              Frae: I am shocked two guys passed on him I see a big drop from him to the next group
              Ken: It's hard to take a guy with that little experience as your sp1 so I sort of get it.
              Pauly: I don't know...i see taillon and flsherty and clevenger around the same level as beuhler
              Pauly: I guess im too high on them
              Ken: With Lindor and Yelich, Krishna fits perfectly
              Fresno Bob: I like buehler more than clevenger and clevenger a lot more than taillon and Flaherty
              Frae: I also have clev ahead of those two but if walker isn't there and Davis is I agree with Ken
              Fresno Bob: Fine on krush if no buehler
              Frae: Segura andujar on the turn
              Pauly: Holy shit...segura andujar on the turn
              Frae: Wow
              Ken: Wow that's great for us
              Pauly: I agree that krush is a good fit but im obviously in the sp column
              Frae: Yeah not the combo I would have guessed
              Pauly: 15 couldve had the exact same labr team as sporer but same concept. They went pham/vlad
              mjl: Apparently my guess of five pitchers going was a bit off
              Ken: Just a smidge
              Pauly: Did buehler's arm fall off and we didnt read it or something
              Ken: He just went
              Ken: Then Albies
              Ken: We are up
              Frae: Walk we and Albies go
              Frae: Walker
              Pauly: Damn buehler then albies
              Pauly: Well...clev, flaherty and taillon have almost identical adp of 55
              Frae: I'll be on the hitter island with Davis there
              mjl: So pitcher or Davis?
              Ken: Not an island Frae I'm strongly with you
              Fresno Bob: Krush
              Pauly: What sp go in the 72 and 79 range...lets look
              Frae: Marquez berrios mad bum mikolas
              Pauly: Berrios marquez bumgarner folty - such a huge difference
              Pauly: As someone said flat no to paxton i am flat no to marquez and bumg
              Frae: I actually like wheeler a bit lower more than both of those
              Pauly: Hitters at that range: dahl puig carpenter ozuna
              Frae: And even Price
              Ken: See I see the hitter drop off as much more.
              mjl: I like Krush a lot but I feel like getting a #2 SP and Gallo is better than Krush/Berrios
              Pauly: I agree with mike. The sp dropoff is huge
              Ken: There's only 1 pitcher behind us
              Pauly: What do you mean
              Frae: I just see so much variance in projections for these pitchers across sites I could see wheeler or even a guy like happ not being that far off. I don't know I just like hitting for security I think Davis is safe stats
              Pauly: Im going to point out one last time that we only have one util slot. Which would be filled until davis somehow gets 10 at OF or 1b
              Pauly: Just something to consider
              Pauly: But there's nobody else out there who is banking 40 HR...right?
              Ken: Krush is just such a perfect fit. Feels like it was planned, Avg early so we can take the hit and bank the power numbers.
              Frae: He's the only 40+ hr guy projected on rotowires software
              Pauly: Ken what did you mean theres only one pitcher behind us...you mean by adp?
              Fresno Bob: I'm not afraid of filling UT
              Ken: No i mean look at the draft board Paul. All the pitchers taken are by teams 1-11 (other than 1)
              Ken: So the demand for pitchers is primarily by teams 13-15. We are in front of that on the way back
              mjl: I think Ken means that since the taken pitchers are unevenly distributed (more people in 1-11) there's more chance of a decent pitcher sneaking back
              Ken: Yes
              Ken: Much more than in most drafts
              Pauly: Okay...well im pretty sure at least 3 teams wont be taking pitcher
              Frae: I'm not afraid of filling Ut there aren't many other ut only guys and in 15 team mixed we need a good bench anyway we can take who we want late without worrying.
              Pauly: Just making sure every angle is covered. I can see the case for krush
              Ken: I'm glad you objected it led to a great discussion
              Pauly: But i still dont think theres mich of any chance of getting any of those 7 sp. maybe the last one, greinke
              Frae: I love the debate no matter what we decide it's fun to talk it out
              Pauly: If all of you want krush i will just cross my fingers
              Frae: I know we are rolling the dice again but we know team 1 and 2 can't take another pitcher realistically and team 7 has 2 also. So 16 picks where pitcher could be in play and just team 11 with no pitching I vote Krush
              mjl: I dunno. but I'm also biased by being a huge Gallo fan. Two-position qualified, four rounds later, and two of the projection systems on FG have him as better than Krush this year other than in AVG
              mjl: but of course we might not end up getting him
              mjl: https://www.fangraphs.com/projection...ers=0&sort=9,d
              Frae: But that .225 avg is a lot harder to absorb than .247
              Pauly: Do you guys see any path to krush playing in the field this season? Their LF situation is pretty iffy it seems
              Ken: Also R and RBI will be hard for Gallo bc Their offense is terrible
              mjl: only in interleague games i think. it's not like they have someone else to play at DH if they put him in the outfield
              Pauly: I mean krush is significantly more valuable if he can gain OF early. Would be so nice. I dont think we are making any other pick at this point. Im ok with thay
              Pauly: ok. davis then?
              Pauly: he certainly feels like the safest pick
              Pauly: I might have missed a series but i didnt see 10 NL road games on oakland's sched at all
              mjl: they do have ten, exactly, but that'd be mid-August
              mjl: pirates may 3-5, cardinals june 25-26, cubs aug 5-7, giants aug 13-14
              mjl: i think he's just eating our UT slot
              Pauly: I know. Im wishfully hoping that canha gets some run at dh or olson gets some dh time. Ive just been snake bit with lack of flexibility in thsi format in the past. It's my own personal thing. No worries. Take him
              mjl: i def think if we take him we have to value multiposition players even higher
              Pauly: Especially OF eligibles
              Ken: What about draft dynamics
              Ken: We want to be taking hitters this direction and pitchers the other direction
              Pauly: I agree we should go hitter/pitcher with just about every set of picks ken
              Pauly: Or vice versa lol
              Pauly: So ken and keith and mike want krush. Im ok with it....
              Pauly: Or does mike want to try and wait for gallo? Confused for a sec
              mjl: i'm still on clevinger :P
              mjl: but i thought everyone else was on davis
              Frae: It's bob that's with me and Ken
              Pauly: I see. Well bob makes it 3 vs 2
              Pauly: I guess
              Pauly: Mike - ken and keith make a pretty decent case that we should get a decent pitcher coming back due to draft dynamics. There are very few 40 HR guys. That was the argument that made it palatable to me. Krush is way better and more dependable than gallo. But we can still end with him too
              mjl: I guess so. I just hate using the ut slot. But I can be outvoted
              mjl: davis it is
              Last edited by mjl; 02-17-2019, 12:04 AM.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• my wife asked "what the fuck is up with your phone?" after that interchange above
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Weird, my texts are getting to you out of order mjl, I wondered why you asked questions out of the blue sometimes, it seems like it was because my texts were delayed. My 12% comment was about Yelich who we talked about before this block of text.

Also these 3 were directly back to back within about 5 seconds:

But they show up all over the place, even out of order on your side.

Comment

• 5 picks to our left since we picked, 4 of them hitters. Pitching is going to slide.

Team 5 is going to take a pitcher, but the others all have at least 1.

15 pitchers have been taken so far, and only ONE by the 3 teams to our right. There is relatively high demand for pitchers to our right, and relatively low to the left. So at this point we should be taking hitters in even rounds and pitchers in odd rounds, all else being equal.
                    Last edited by Ken; 02-17-2019, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Weird, my texts are getting to you out of order mjl, I wondered why you asked questions out of the blue sometimes, it seems like it was because my texts were delayed. My 12% comment was about Yelich who we talked about before this block of text.

huh, that is really weird. Does make a lot more sense about the Krishna thing coming when it did.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing if you want to have opinions on who we should take late in the draft. It goes 750 players and there's no post-draft moves, if you didn't know the format.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Weird, my texts are getting to you out of order mjl, I wondered why you asked questions out of the blue sometimes, it seems like it was because my texts were delayed. My 12% comment was about Yelich who we talked about before this block of text.

Ken, when did you send these? I'm just receiving them now and they're obviously related to some previous conversation:

I like Sporer but that labr team is a mess. Not one to follow (7:56 PST)
                          IMO reading the board is important, this board tells us draft a hitter
                          Berrios 60%
                          Madbum64
                          Agree Frae
                          What 7 pitchers (9:09 PST)
                          Who is the pitcher choice here if we go that way (9:32 PST)
                          I was typing the same as Frae (9:39 PST)
                          That's a ton of draft capitol for one category. I'm not anywhere close (10:03 PST)

Comment

• Ok so back at it this morning. Since our Krush pick here is who has gone as we sit 12 picks away from our round 5 pick...

Paxton
                            Puig
                            Votto
                            Correa
                            Vlad
                            Corbin
                            Realmuto
                            Diaz
                            Torres
                            G Sanchez

So none of our pitching targets have gone as we as a group didn't love Corbin or Paxton and we had no plans of being the first to take a closer. We are talking about when to jump in on a closer. We see a group of about 7 I think that we think are reliable and depending on how things fall I would not be surprised to see us go SP/CL in rounds 5 and 6 here. We are hoping to see one of Clev/Tailon/Flaherty/Berrios/Greinkie to make it to us and at this point I'd say the odds look good since I imagine some teams will jump into closer and some teams based on their drafts so far need hitters. Always tough to predict but so far I am glad we went Krush and hopefully we get an SP2 we like.

Comment

• since then, Pham, Seager, Murphy, Suarez. If Clevinger or Taillon or Flaherty gets back to us I will be thrilled. Eight picks to go.

Comment

• huh. Taillon taken, then Treinen as the second closer off the board which is quite surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X