No announcement yet.

NFBC Draft Champions - RJ entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upton went right in front of us so after some debate between Turner/Olson/Gallo/Donadson we settled on Olson. We just think the range of outcomes is less wide and that we can bank the stats.

Team 15's staff is going to be interesting. I could see going for what he did if he had taken 2 of the elite closer studs last round. Kill saves, try to limit ratio damage and crush offense. Now I don't know how you compete in 3 pitching categories let alone 5.

Comment

• Really interesting and entertaining boys. Thanks for posting this. Love the hitting. Can you guys post an updated board please? Curious if Wheeler was a consideration of if he had gone.

Comment

• In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Thanks! Curious how you all are on Darvish this year. His upside looks like someone I would consider if he gets back. The bats are all so similar at this stage I think I would consider staying with pitching.

Comment

• Lots of debate for round 9 and round 10. We came into this part of the draft without a 3B or 2B and when we got to the first pick we had considered Luis Castillo if he dropped to us, but he didn't. So now we talked about Peralta, Cano, Hernandez, Muncy, Rosario, Desmond. In the end all 3 guys behind us had 2 MI players already so we decided to skip that. Desmond we decided against because our BA wasn't really in a stellar spot. So after we talked through it we decided on Max Muncy to fill our 3B slot.

The turn was a bunch of players we weren't high on. So we were back on the clock and mostly just debated Hernandez, Peralta, and Cano. We came really close to picking Peralta, but there were 5 teams behind us that needed 2B and while there is definitely some varying view points on Hernandez vs Cano in the end we took BA boost overall numbers of Cano.

So through 10 we have...

1B Matt Olson
              2B Cano
              SS Lindor
              3B Muncy
              OF Yelich
              UT K Davis

SP Thor
              SP Berrios
              SP Mikolas
              CL Jansen

Comment

• With the probably-changing plan of taking Cesar Hernandez if he gets back to us in the 11th. We still only have one OF though.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Take power. The power you have is iffy outside of Davis; other things are as good as they will get. I am worried about the SP's, too, but that is more personal taste than anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Take power. The power you have is iffy outside of Davis; other things are as good as they will get. I am worried about the SP's, too, but that is more personal taste than anything else.
                    wow, power? really, that's terrifying. I look at our team and like our power, I'm more worried about SP stats
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• that being said, I'm voting Peralta if he gets back to us somehow
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I am worried about the SP's, too. But I think the power has a better chance of being available at this point. Other than Davis, where is the safe power? Olson has some, but a horrible park. Lindor is hurt. Yelich still hits way too many grounders. Muncy was release around this time last year. A bunch of question marks. On the positive side, while I am not a big fan of this team, looking at all the teams, I am not a big fan of any of them. That probably means it is a great league.

Comment

• Peralta would be great for the team, but I am surprised he is still there, which means he probably won't get back.

Comment

Peralta would be great for the team, but I am surprised he is still there, which means he probably won't get back.
                            He didn't make it back - we are looking at C-Mart this round.

Comment

I am worried about the SP's, too. But I think the power has a better chance of being available at this point. Other than Davis, where is the safe power? Olson has some, but a horrible park. Lindor is hurt. Yelich still hits way too many grounders. Muncy was release around this time last year. A bunch of question marks. On the positive side, while I am not a big fan of this team, looking at all the teams, I am not a big fan of any of them. That probably means it is a great league.
                              Olson's in the same park he was in last year. Lindor's injury is being overplayed. Muncy hit 35 HR last year so the fact that he was relaeased was a mistake. Yelich's power will come down but even coming down he's still a beast. You're talking about players who hit >=35 HR last year. You can call for regression, and I'd agree, but they aren't all going to regress. Power is fine.
                              Last edited by Ken; 02-19-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Tanaka went in front of us and we decided with C-Mart sliding all the way down to round 11.12 (162) overall we couldn't pass him up. Get's our 4 SP, we will need to get into OF and guys that offer some speed at some point, but I do like where we are.

Now as to overall power not that RotoWire projections should be some sort of lock, but they do have us with 191 HR's right now through 11 picks, 6 hitters which is good for 2nd overall at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X