Nfbc 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    Perez lost his value with the Moustakas signing. I would go Calhoun for upside, Arcia if you want someone who will get AB's.
    Guy in front of me took Arcia so that choice is made for me. I'll take a shot on Calhoun.

Comment

• In round 27 approaching my pick. Kicking around a few ideas.

MI A. Diaz, Wong and Pedroia are probably the guys with jobs left

CI - Pujols, O'Hearn, Yandy Diaz, T Frazier, Moreland

OF . Tapia, Duvall, A Gordon, J Jay

Prospects - Hiuria, Bichette, Riley, Hayes, B lowe, N Lowe, A Hays, Adell

SP's Roark, Gio, Pineda, Harvey,

Sort of SP's - Woodruff

MRs - Lugo, Devenski, Pressly, C Green

CL sort of - Blake Parker and Hildenberger ( I own May), Swarzek

Prospect P's - Honeywell, Sheffield, Kopech, Buttery, Puk, Duplantier, Keller

Comment

• I'd take Roark or Woodruff, probably the former since innings could be a question mark for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
          In round 27 approaching my pick. Kicking around a few ideas.

MI A. Diaz, Wong and Pedroia are probably the guys with jobs left

CI - Pujols, O'Hearn, Yandy Diaz, T Frazier, Moreland

OF . Tapia, Duvall, A Gordon, J Jay

Prospects - Hiuria, Bichette, Riley, Hayes, B lowe, N Lowe, A Hays, Adell

SP's Roark, Gio, Pineda, Harvey,

Sort of SP's - Woodruff

MRs - Lugo, Devenski, Pressly, C Green

CL sort of - Blake Parker and Hildenberger ( I own May), Swarzek

Prospect P's - Honeywell, Sheffield, Kopech, Buttery, Puk, Duplantier, Keller
          I dont understand why Adell is even considered in a redraft. Kopech isn't pitching this year so you should probably remove him from this list.

Roark, Pineda, Honeywell, Hildenberger, Lugo seem like the best pitching options.
          O'Hearn and I guess Frazier for the bats?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I dont understand why Adell is even considered in a redraft. Kopech isn't pitching this year so you should probably remove him from this list.

Roark, Pineda, Honeywell, Hildenberger, Lugo seem like the best pitching options.
            O'Hearn and I guess Frazier for the bats?
            I was just sorting by top 100 from a list of prospects I have and then who they have an a 2019 ETA. I doubt I would take them but didn't want to exclude them as I haven't researched them much.

Everyone seems to like Roark as an innings eater I can get behind that.

Comment

• I had a realization before my pick, I can move Carpenter to 3B to start the year and that will let me use Yonder at 1B so I don't need a 3B I need a CI. So I took O'Hearn first and he can be my CI. I may still look to get Moran later, but I like O'hearn for his power. I think I am going to take Lugo on the way back because I really want one of these big k high inning MR guys and Pressly went this past round.

Comment

• If Kolten Wong is still there, take him. Seems like the huge value play here; stands out on the page for me. No idea why Arcia went before him. I wouldn't touch Roark in that park. He could easily be good, get some wins, but tank your ratios with an ERA of 4.50.

Comment

If Kolten Wong is still there, take him. Seems like the huge value play here; stands out on the page for me. No idea why Arcia went before him. I wouldn't touch Roark in that park. He could easily be good, get some wins, but tank your ratios with an ERA of 4.50.
                  The park is probably why he fell this far.
                  But so we're all talking the same language, a 27th round pick who gives you solid innings and an ERA of 4.5 isn't necessarily a bad thing. This is a bench pitcher to fill in or play some matchups with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    The park is probably why he fell this far.
                    But so we're all talking the same language, a 27th round pick who gives you solid innings and an ERA of 4.5 isn't necessarily a bad thing. This is a bench pitcher to fill in or play some matchups with.
                    That may be true, but still Wong, with his upside, sure looks a lot better to me.

Comment

That may be true, but still Wong, with his upside, sure looks a lot better to me.
                      No doubt, Roark is not an upside play, he's a reliable innings eater who will get you Ks and W. There aren't very many of those left at that stage of the draft. Lots of upside plays available.

Comment

• So a bunch of those innings eater pitchers went before me including Roark so I took one with some K upside if things click again in Tyler Anderson. If not he is a 4.45 1.28 guy with some k's and wins if I have to use him.

On the way back I am considering taking Keona Kela and protecting my Vaz investment. I know I need hitting rsvs, but if I take Kela I can shelf pitching for probably 3 rounds and go after hitting.

C D Jansen
                        C A Barnes
                        1b Carp
                        2b Altuve
                        SS P DeJong
                        MI J Harrison
                        3rb Vlad
                        CI Y Alonso
                        OF Robles
                        OF Peralta
                        OF A Meadows
                        OF R Braun
                        OF Jackie Bradley Jr
                        UT K Davis

SP DeGrom
                        SP Price
                        SP L Castillo
                        SP Darvish
                        SP J Musgrove
                        SP Matt Boyd
                        CL 1 F Vazquez
                        CL 2 Givens
                        CL 3 T May

RSV Soroka
                        RSV S Lugo
                        RSV R O'Hearn
                        RSV Samardzija
                        RSV W Calhoun
                        RSV T Anderson

Comment

• I'd definitely handcuff Vazquez with Kela. Kela is probably good enough to start some weeks anyway.

You definitely need some more innings eaters though. At least a couple. I was surprised how many weeks I couldn't even find a SP I liked.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            I'd definitely handcuff Vazquez with Kela. Kela is probably good enough to start some weeks anyway.

You definitely need some more innings eaters though. At least a couple. I was surprised how many weeks I couldn't even find a SP I liked.
                            I figure Lugo/Kela/and May are pretty good for K's and if I had to use 2 of those 3 as a make shift SP they could be my 6th and 7th slots and my two closers. Soroka's injury and if he gets back into the rotation at some point will be key for me.

Comment

• Kela made the turn so I did grab him. I now have Lugo and Kela for weeks I hate my starters. Now I need to get a few hitting backups as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                Kela made the turn so I did grab him. I now have Lugo and Kela for weeks I hate my starters. Now I need to get a few hitting backups as well.
                                Heyyyy why didn't you argue for Kela for our team with me!

Comment

Working...
                                X