Clint Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint Robinson

Butler and Hosmer at big league level lock down 1B and DH. The team already has Ka'aihue to deal with, and now Robinson is crushing it again after winning the Texas League triple crown. What in the hell are they going to do?

win some games?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Guy has a .340/.414/.626 slash line in 737 plate appearances in AA/AAA but was only ranked 28th overall by BA because he has no future in the field as he would be at best, a below average 1B.

Given how much money is wasted on DHs each year, I can see smart teams going the frugal route and acquiring these types of players rather than paying aging bats the bigger dollars.

Comment

I think the Yankees should inquire about this guy but the impression I've gotten is that KC is happy to keep him and they are setting the asking price really high

Comment

how does this 26 year old not get a sniff at the bigs yet, when he is on the Royals? Who couldve been blocking him at the DH spot over the last 12 months?
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            how does this 26 year old not get a sniff at the bigs yet, when he is on the Royals? Who couldve been blocking him at the DH spot over the last 12 months?
            He was in AA last year with Kila in AAA so that's going to block him last year. Now, Butler and Hosmer lock down 1B/DH for the next 4 yrs until Butler's contract is gone and/or Boras gets Hosmer moved when he won't sign a pre-arb deal.

Robinson was a 25th round draft choice, so expectations were low but the guy has a Pioneer League batting title to his name and the Texas League triple crown from last year. The bat has held up thus far in AAA and given the crap some teams in this league have at DH or 1B (hello, TB), it wouldn't surprise me to see someone try to trade with the Royals. Their system is LOADED so they would be looking for major league help in return for a trade as prospect for prospect swaps are extremely rare these days.

Comment

The Royals should try to move Butler. No reason for this team to sign a DH long term.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                The Royals should try to move Butler. No reason for this team to sign a DH long term.
                They signed him to a new 4 year deal before this season started

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  They signed him to a new 4 year deal before this season started
                  Opps for both me and the Royals.

Comment

Working...
                  X