MLB Pipeline Top 100 Prospects by team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Pipeline Top 100 Prospects by team

MLB Pipeline's Top 100 Prospects list is now live. There's plenty to check out and so many ways to slice and dice the list.Everyone wants to see how their favorite teams' prospects stack up on the Top 100, from the Padres' 10 prospects -- the most ever on one of

Padres with 10.

Getting Jim Callis from BA has done wonders for the credibility of MLB’s list. Nothing against Mayo, but I trust Callis’s views a lot more and like this set of rankings a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
      Getting Jim Callis from BA has done wonders for the credibility of MLB’s list. Nothing against Mayo, but I trust Callis’s views a lot more and like this set of rankings a lot.
      I agree Callis is a good get, but I read awhile back that Mayo has a pretty good track record of hits vs misses himself.

Comment

Rays only have 6 on the list whereas they had 8-9 with FG and BP lists

I'm mad

Comment

For my leagues I actually create my own composite rank pulling in lists from 8 sites and weighting them differently. Law, BA and FG gets the highest relative weights but I’ll likley bump up MLB TY. The benefit of building a composite off 8 separate lists is I end up getting a list of almost 175 names.
          So I was just reading Keith Law's chat from last week and came upon this - seems as though he concurs with which sites are most credible for prospect rankings: "Keith Law: I look at BA’s (came out yesterday), MLB’s (comes out Saturday), and Fangraphs’ (comes out after the Super Bowl, date TBD). Those are the only lists I find credible, and I believe that is the industry sentiment. Jonathan Mayo and I generally compare our lists once they’re published, too. It’s fun to see what we heard that lined up and what we heard that widely differed."

The other sites I will use fwiw are BHQ, BP, Rich Wilson, Sickels, Razzball (first time using it TY).
          Last edited by Big Tymer; 01-28-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Any word on Sickels lately? He said he would be giving an update on Jan 10, but I haven't heard boo.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
              Any word on Sickels lately? He said he would be giving an update on Jan 10, but I haven't heard boo.
              He tweeted this out yesterday (I'd include the tweet but it's blocked at work)

Not at liberty to discuss details yet, but there will be a Top 175 or 200 prospects list, and a sleeper prospect list. I don't think I will have time to finish the org Top 20s that I started with Vox, but there will be some sleepers from each system

Comment

Working...
              X